Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Gathering of the Tribes update

Pages: 1 20 replies

Alohas to all,
The "Gathering of the Tribes, Grand Opening Party we promissed but, never had!!" will be on August 18th, from Noon-ish to Sunset at the Bamboo Ben store. There will be bands, food, other vendors,dancers, etc. Keep an eye on this post cause we're starting to fill in the list of who's who, who are going to be involved. E-mail [email protected] if you feel you need to get involved for future events (bands, vendors, food, dancers, etc.).
o.k., here we go with the first block of names.........
Vendors/Artists:
Sven signing and selling (Cancelled!! Had to go to Germany to do a film)
Chki Tiki!!!
Crazy Al!!!
Pizzuti Moai Lawn tiki by Marcus
TIKI FARM

Entertainment:
Tekurio Nui Studio Poly Dance Troupe
King Ku Ku Ladinlele
Cherry Capri and the Thurston Howlies

Food:
L&L Hawaiian BBQ Costa Mesa
Tekurio Nui Hawaiian Shaved Ice ( buy one for the kids!! it helps with their rent at the studio!)
And a lot of people!

Mahalo,
Bamboo Ben
Bamboo Ben (custom tropical decor)
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-5ish
Sun. 11-4ish (summer only)
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

[ Edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-07-16 22:09 ]

[ Edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-07-17 07:47 ]

[ Edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-07-17 07:48 ]

[ Edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-07-18 07:49 ]

[ Edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-07-18 07:53 ]

[ Edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-08-10 18:34 ]

[ Edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-08-15 20:49 ]

Bamboo Ben, I went to http://www.bambooben.com - but there was no answer :(

My website went on "summer vacation". It's be back soon, I hope!
Bamboo WWW-les Ben

T

I can't wait.
Oh my god is there enough TIKI stuff to do.
Tiki Central is soooo much fun.
We are so busy with TC events we had to buy a special calender.
Ben, we need so more TIKI necklaces from the OC crawl, we missed out.
They have a special place picked out on the DOOR OF TRAVEL.
Hanford, thank you for makin it all happen

Ben, I can't wait. I'll be working hard all week to have some tikis done. I'm really gonna try and have some new products out for the event. Yo Ben your'e the man. I'll stop by soon.

T

Ben & Vickie

Is there anything we can bring out besides our smiling faces on Sunday? Would be glad to help out.

Trustar

Fog breathin Kahuna Tiki can come for a showing. Contact us if you're interested.

NO, Ben really can any of us bring anything else.
Do you need any tarps for shade.
Tables.
water.
I don't know?
TC people just want to help?

Alohas,
A new update for the Gathering of the Tribes.
The Polynesian Dance Troupe will be from the Tekurio Nui Studio in Costa Mesa and consists of 5-15 year old kids playing the music and doing the dances! Should be real cool. They will also have a Hawaiian Shave Ice stand and all the profits will go toward their rent! So, enjoy one!!
Sven will not be there but will be there in spirit. Trust me on this one. It's top secret! You'll all be involved. Al, bring your camera please.
Parking. Your best bet would be to park on the street or next door but please don't try to pull into the lot. It'll be packed with woddies, the artists, entertainers, our's and the other tenants cars. It's a small place for those of you who have not been there. 1/4 of the lot will be roped off for the gig.
If you plan on hanging out for the long hall, bring a chair, ice chest, portable bar or what not. Hey BaxDog, bring a canopy!! You will be loved for it.
I'll post more in the next few days.
Oh ya, Holden aka Tiki Farm will have limited edition retirement items and a few new ones too. He'll be in the bar that Sven was going to be in.

Ben,
What time do the festivities begin? I have an obligation in the late afternoon and was hoping to pass by your place beforehand.

Hey Ben!
Thanks for the thread! I'm bringing down some old weird stuff... one time glazes, slight defects (dirt cheap) and other oddities plus the nex boxed Bali Hai (Mr. Mini Hai) sets with the old Bali Hai menu artwork (artwork from 50's/menu's printed in early 70's). Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Holden
Tiki Farm

I need help, I am rotating here trying to get everything done til I leave on Thursday, and though I want to, I can't spare the time it would take me to drive down to Huntington Beach to bring Bamboo Ben my promised shipment of books and videos that are supposed to make up for my absence.

Is there ANYBODY here that is going to the "Tribes", who could swing by my pad to bring it along!?

Tell D.P. he should be going to the event!

Done! Thanks Tina, dahling! Have a blast guys, I'll miss ya, S.

I hope Crazy Al doesn't mind me posting this, but I just heard from C.B. that C'Al will be making a 'one-on-a-kind' special cameo with with the Howlies.

Be ready to cut a rug surfers!

Sounds to me like there is going to an All-Star-Jam!!

I am happy to learn that the Kuke is bringing the Friki Tikis with him! Deluxe.

I was a guest tonight on the Great Kahuna's Green Room show on public radio station KCSN (Cal State Northridge) and talked about Bamboo Ben's Gathering and Tiki Central. This is a really cool show that happens every Friday night from 9PM to Midnight - lots of surf music and hawaiiana, too. I plugged King Kuke and the Friki Tikis and Crazy Al and Ape (as well as the Thurston Howlies of course). D.J. Kahuna is super swell and I bet he would welcome cd's from tiki centralites to play.

Even if you aren't in the area - you can here it streaming live on the net at
http://www.kcsn.org - click on "listen" for your streaming options. I highly recommend it - and don't forget to listen for the surf reports!

Kahuna also says that he wants to get a picture of himsef next to a tiki - and we are working on that one...but he's a pretty big guy to get moving - so we might need to bring the tiki to him.

[ Edited by: Cherry Capri on 2002-08-17 02:07 ]

I just wanted to say in a sappy kind of way - what an awesome day (although the sun never came out!)!! Great to meet bax, bong, cherry, rj & many more plus seeing a lot of the good centralites (floratina, king kuk, many more) hanging out and doin' their thang! I could have sworn I saw Sven there!
Holden

I saw him too, but his hair looked kind of flat. Mrs and Mr. Bamboo, thanks for opening your place to us. You made us all feel at home. Yo BB get to work!!!!

T

Ben & Vicky

Thank you so much for your grand hospitality and the sharing of your aloha spirit. The Trustar tribe had a wonderful time seeing "all of the usual suspects" again and meeting some new ones. The food, entertainment and friendship enjoyed that day has made this week a little brighter for all of us.

Thank you

Maholo

"Trustar"
Paul

Pages: 1 20 replies