Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Exotica 10 Years After

Pages: 1 13 replies

Ten years ago was the last Exotica event in Chicago! Fun in the Sun featuring the finest Surf, Garage, and Exotica music.

EARLY WARNING

Save the dates -- 7/7/17 thru 7/9/17 and be sure to stay tuned for BIG news -- "Exotica 10 Years After"!!!

BaMbOoLoDgE...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2017-04-29 11:34 ]

awesome!!!

we are hoping to make it!

thanks BBL!

We will be there for sure!

By the way all of the "Exotica 10 years After" artwork is the work of TC's own Ragbag Comics! Thanx Pete!!! :D

UPDATE:

Save THESE dates -- 7/6/17 thru 7/9/17 for -- "Exotica 10 Years After" featuring the finest in Surf, Garage and Roots music! It's gonna be the party of the decade!!! Here's what's in store for the weekend...

Thursday Night 7/6 -- 8pm Opening party at Delilah's in Chicago featuring Exotic Cocktails, plus DJ spinning Surf sounds and vintage Surf flicks!

Friday Night 7/7 -- Volcano Room at Bottom Lounge in Chicago
The Dyes
The B-Sides
Eddie Angel's Guitar Party
DJ Lil Lisa Louise
Exotic Cocktail Specials
$15.00 admission doors open at 8pm (advance tix and more info available soon)

Saturday 7/8 -- Fitzgerald's Nightclub Berwyn
Doors at Noon --Featuring Vintage Vendors, Charity Raffle with great items, plus 11 bands already confirmed!

Alewife (2 sets)
Alder Kings
Amazing Heeby Jeebies
Astronauts Space Age Combo
The Concussions
The Dyes
The Neanderthals
The Perks
Reluctant Aquanauts
13Tikis
?????
Plus...
The Janes (Go-Go Dancers)
DJ's/MC's
$25.00 in advance-$30.00 day of event (advance tix and more info available soon)

Sunday 7/9 Sunday-- 11:00 am Brunch at Exit Strategy Brewing Co in Forest Park, followed by the one and only art show of it's kind in the area... "Lowbrow Aloha" from Noon til 6pm at the historic Hala Kahiki in River Grove, brought to you by DSK Designs

So here is a short recap...

You have a FREE event on Thursday - $15.00 admission Friday night -- $25.00 advance ticket purchase Saturday -- and to end this fabulous weekend another FREE event! So a total $40.00 in admission gets you one hell of a shindig spread out over 4 days with more than 14 acts, vintage vendors and more, a charity raffle with wonderful items, and the coolest hippest artwork brought to you by the Midwest's grooviest artists!

Be sure to keep checking back for more news,updates, and schedule!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2017-05-24 12:07 ]

Just added to the weekend line up special--guest appearance by Deke Dickerson!

Thursday Night 7/6 -- 8pm Opening party at Delilah's in Chicago featuring Exotic Cocktails, plus DJ spinning Surf sounds and vintage Surf flicks!

Friday Night 7/7 -- Volcano Room at Bottom Lounge in Chicago

The Dyes 9:00
The B-Sides 10:00
Eddie Angel's Guitar Party 11:00
Plus DJ Lil Lisa Louise
Exotic Cocktail Specials

$15.00 admission doors open at 7pm (advance tix and more info available soon)

Saturday 7/8 -- Fitzgerald's Berwyn

Doors open at Noon -- for your shopping pleasure! We'll have vendors featuring Vintage Alohawear & Clothing, Hawaiiana collectibles, Tiki carvings, Antiques and Oddities, Plus an awesome Charity Raffle (proceeds benefit CatNap from the Heart) with great items, plus a boatload of entertainment lined up throughout the day!

Band schedule

In the Tent...

Astronauts Space Age Combo 1:00
Amazing Heeby Jeebies 2:00
Alewife 3:00
Surfaholics 4:00
Reluctant Aquanauts 5:00

Raffle items pulled 6:00-7:00

Concussions 7:00
The Dyes 8:00
Neanderthals 9:00

In the Club...

Vintage Surf Flicks 1:00 to 6:00

The Perks 7:00
Alder Kings 8:00
13Tikis 9:00
Alewife 10:00
Blind Rage and Violence 11:00

Plus...
The Janes (Go-Go Dancers)
DJ's/MC's

$25.00 in advance-$30.00 day of event, advance tickets available soon at

http://www.fitzgeraldsnightclub.com/events/view/Exotica-10-Years-Later

Sunday 7/9 Sunday-- 11:00 am Brunch at Exit Strategy Brewing Co in Forest Park, followed by the one and only art show of it's kind in the area... "Lowbrow Aloha" from Noon til 6pm at the historic Hala Kahiki in River Grove, brought to you by DSK Designs, more info here...

https://www.facebook.com/events/1873191552936327/?ti=icl

The Event Poster...

Commemorative Print available at FitzGerald's on 7/8...

T-shirt Art. There will be a very limited number of shirts available on 7/8. So if ya want one get there early...

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2017-06-02 11:49 ]

Here is the link for advance ticket sales for the main event on Saturday @ FitzGerald's...

http://m.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=7473145&pl=fitz&REFERRAL_ID=fbclient

Hi BambooLodge,

I just went to the ticket link and it said that this was a 21+ event.

Wasn’t the last one an all-ages show? Or all ages until a certain time? I thought I brought my daughter to the last Exotica during the day. This year I have some friends coming from out of town and they wanted to check it out with their kids.

On 2017-06-07 09:38, cryptkicker5 wrote:
Hi BambooLodge,

I just went to the ticket link and it said that this was a 21+ event.

Wasn’t the last one an all-ages show? Or all ages until a certain time? I thought I brought my daughter to the last Exotica during the day. This year I have some friends coming from out of town and they wanted to check it out with their kids.

Kids under 12 w/parent FREE! Thank you, I will have them update ticket page. :wink:

Disregard 21 and over notice on ticket page. FitzGerald's event page has the correct info...

http://www.fitzgeraldsnightclub.com/events/view/Exotica-10-Years-Later

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2017-06-07 11:05 ]

For anyone coming in from out of town, here are a couple of hotels located in historical Oak Park, which is centrally located to all the events and easily accessible via public trans or car. The main event on Saturday is within a couple of miles. Here are the links...

http://www.carletonhotel.com/
http://www.writeinn.com/

don't forget - sunday july 9th - after all the bands, wrap up your weekend with the mid summer lowbrow aloha art show and market !!

Spies Who Surf are playing at 7:00! This is too good to be true. My favorite instrumental band, period.

Counting down the hours until Tommy and company take the stage…….

Pages: 1 13 replies