Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Moonlight Time In Old Hawaii (LP)

Pages: 1 4 replies

I
Iakona posted on Fri, May 5, 2017 7:34 AM

Moonlight Time In Old Hawaii

The first Long-Play record by composer George Bruns and the Hawaiian Strings. A very rare LP.

Released in 1967 by Vault Records.
Extracted by Chris Foxx
Remastered by Chris Lyndon
Edited by Me

Enjoy! :)

H
Hamo posted on Wed, May 10, 2017 10:04 PM

Thanks, Iakona. This is an enjoyable album by the same man who brought us "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" and music from other Disney productions (nothing from the Tiki Room, though; the closest thing is some "Jungle Book" music). Since mid-century Disney was one of the avenues that led me to tiki, I really appreciate being able to hear this LP.

O
Ozric posted on Wed, Oct 4, 2017 11:03 PM

Hello, I recently picked this album up at a thrift store for about 75 cents and I could find very little about it online.

Does anyone know if it's worth anything?

T

No listing on discogs never new this existedl

K

I've got one song off this LP up on my "Hawaiian Leisure Hour" Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1stw2uHqV_M

It's a lovely album. I would say it's fairly rare. I see it on ebay a couple times a year. I didn't realize it wasn't on Discogs. Between my two Youtube channels, my playlists at 8tracks.com and my station at Live365, I hadn't really paid much attention to Discogs, but I'm beginning to realize their value and have slowly started adding submissions for Hawaiian/Exotica records they don't have in their database. It's a very slow process. I'll add "Moonlight Time In Old Hawaii" right now..:)

Pages: 1 4 replies