Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Bamboo Furniture

Pages: 1 5 replies

Aloha Y'all!
I'm a newbie here. But I have a grand vision of creating a tiki style vacation rental so I've come here for some help. I have spent a week trying to find somewhere to buy bamboo furniture made out of the BIG bamboo. I finally found one place in Cali but it was a lot more expensive than I was hoping to find. Does anyone know where I can find furniture like this?
https://tikicentral.com/uploads/82462/592587ae.jpg

I'm finding new bamboo furniture more expensive than I'd like, so I'm focusing on Craig's List to build my collection. More affordable that way. Finding furniture made from culms that thick, though? That's going to be tough, and come at a premium. Good luck!

On 2017-05-24 07:19, Prikli Pear wrote:
I'm finding new bamboo furniture more expensive than I'd like, so I'm focusing on Craig's List to build my collection. More affordable that way. Finding furniture made from culms that thick, though? That's going to be tough, and come at a premium. Good luck!

Same here - had some great scores on Craigslist. I've bought enough seating for 20 for my bar for under $1,000. New, that would have been at least $20,000.

Yea I've been watching CL, haven't had much luck. I may have to extend my search range.

Yeah, that's the problem with CL--feast or famine. I missed out on some great bamboo outdoor deck furniture a couple months ago because finances were tight, but a couple weeks ago stumbled into some impressive rattan peacock chairs for cheap. It is, as they say, a crapshoot.

Plus, living in California would probably help. They have all the bamboos out there.

We came across this in Belize

Pages: 1 5 replies