Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Bosko Kumu tiki mug for sale in black

Pages: 1 14 replies

Have several Bosko Kumu tiki mugs available in black for sale .New and unused mint condition.
These are no longer in production or offered on Bosko website .

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2017-06-28 12:31 ]

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2017-06-28 12:32 ]

Hey 1961surf, I would appreciate it if you would wouldn’t sell these, in any case take my name off this and any future sales, these are NOT my mugs these are from China they are counterfeits (and rather poor at that) the design is stolen/ripped off of my original Kumu. I have nothing to do with them please don’t exacerbate an already bad situation. Thanks

H

1961 Surf, not cool.
this is what the bottom should look like.

T

The title says "Bosk Kumu" not Bosko.
Was going to ask why there was no bottom "Bosk" or "Bosko" marking.

I kid, I got the real ones and many other Bokso stuff, his stuff is awesome.

OGR

On 2017-06-27 15:35, tikiskip wrote:
The title says "Bosk Kumu" not Bosko.
Was going to ask why there was no bottom "Bosk" or "Bosko" marking.

I kid, I got the real ones and many other Bokso stuff, his stuff is awesome.

But the eBay listing still claims Bosko...not cool at all. BTW, Yes, his work is great.

T

People used to put "Not tiki mug" or "not Shag' on eBay listings as this was bait for tiki hunters.

It got people to hit listing while looking for tiki.
And it would not misrepresent the item as it was not Shag or a tiki mug.

Heck I see lots of "Shag" in listings now that have no Shag carpet or artist in them.
Just tiki hunter bait.

I did this long ago and eBay was on me RIGHT away.
It takes someone saying this is wrong to eBay, sooo I guess it is a matter of who you are.

Guess I'm lucky you can't cast a mold of a tiki light, But you can make a direct copy of someone's light design and say "I had never seen that light before" even when they posted on your thread.

For me I don't care if you make a copy as long as you don't make em to sell.
It's like making a tiki bob mug or James Dean severed Head mug copy.

What about a Shagg Whitko Jabba the Hutt Severed Head? :)

On 2017-06-28 10:22, Or Got Rum? wrote:
What about a Shagg Whitko Jabba the Hutt Severed Head? :)

I think Wendy made those.

Just sent this message to Bosko after hearing about this .
" Honestly did not know these were knock offs Bosko .I would never knowingly sell a rip off.These were purchased in a lot qty on ebay recently because friend didn't have a ebay account .I was selling the left overs for him doing him a favor.I have never seen rip off mugs before in person and did not know this stuff was going on out there with your mugs.Would you like me to send you mugs to destroy them or do you want me to do so.I respect you and your work for years ad would never do anything intentional to act otherwise Bosko.Sorry for this situation to happen "

I am totally thrawled that this kinda of crap is happening .I can just imagine how artists like Bosko and many other artists have to constantly fight to protect their original art work .Should I blow the mugs up with M80 and video tape and post or do you guys have any better ideas.I am really pissed about this because I listed something for a friend to help him out with good intentions and now find out they are cheap Chinese rip offs.This makes me look bad and tarnishes my reputation when I was just trying to help a friend.
Damn !

On 2017-06-27 12:03, TIKIBOSKO wrote:
Hey 1961surf, I would appreciate it if you would wouldn’t sell these, in any case take my name off this and any future sales, these are NOT my mugs these are from China they are counterfeits (and rather poor at that) the design is stolen/ripped off of my original Kumu. I have nothing to do with them please don’t exacerbate an already bad situation. Thanks

Done Bosko.Glad this was brought to my attention.This really sucks that this is happening. Can you tell me how long it's been since these mugs were produced and offered on your site for my knowledge as well as everyone elses.

Stop selling the mug, But sell me some of those M80s!

Damn I love fireworks.
Used to get a gross of M80s for like $25.00 bucks.

Hello, daddy. Hello, mom.
I'm your ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!
Hello world! I'm your wild girl.
I'm your ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!
Cherry bomb!
Cherry bomb!
Cherry bomb!
Cherry bomb!

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=8017

Mornsungifts out of China has been ripping off Bosko and Tiki Farm and Bai, among others, for a few years now. They started by posting on AliBaba.com and searching for distributors.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

At first, these started popping up in Australia and Europe, but now they have saturated eBay and some undiscriminating American wholesalers like barproducts.com.

When in doubt, look for markings. They don't use any, thus avoiding people tracking them down...

Here's some more of their stuff:

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/manufacturer.cgi?man_id=188

I especially find it painful to see beauty shots of cocktails taken in otherwise great bars that are using these mugs.

Wow ! Info right there at my finger tips on Ooga Mooga and I didn't even know .
Thanks Trader Tom for info and link .

Pages: 1 14 replies