Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Sur La Table Tiki Pop Molds

Pages: 1 8 replies

Just picked up a box of Tiki Pop Molds from Sur La Table. They are made by Tovolo. 4 nicely detailed designs. Sure could use an icy one now!

T

These will be two bucks a year from now at thrift stores.

Too bad alcohol doesn't freeze well :( LOL

You could use brown tamarind nectar to get less of a Party City look :wink:

Love the Party City comment. I love tamarind. Great suggestion! Even root beer would give it a nice wooden look. Imagine you could do something with coconut water/milk or maybe coconut cream. Not sure if all pineapple juice will freeze. I know in jello molds some of it won't set. There's also those non-alcoholic mixes you could try and while not alcoholic at least would taste good. Save the good stuff for the glassware!

BTW I was in Bed Bath & Beyond today and Tivolo sells the ice pop molds (9.99) and tray (4.99) separately there. A whole set comes out to about the same price as the SLT one, but it's nice that you can just buy more of the silicone pop sleeves without buying more of the trays. Here's the tiki sleeve pop boxes along with other versions that Tivolo sells. The boxes are small so walked right past them the first time.

[ Edited by: Polly_Nesia 2017-06-28 10:32 ]

H

I got these as a gift from a non tiki friend who bought it from Sur La Table, I like them.

Update on thread and in time for Summer tiki themed parties!

Bed Bath and Beyond has the Tovolo ice pop forms and stands on sale. See photos I posted above in the thread from last year. Picked up a few of the Tiki molds and stands to make big batches in the freezer at one time. They are on either clearance or deep sale at 50% off. The Tiki molds are now 4.99 and the mold stand is 2.99. And BB&B takes coupons although I didn't have any with me.

I spoke with a manager when I was having trouble locating them in the store and he took me to the area they were at. Only saw a few stands and a dino mold on the shelf however. Mentioned I was looking for them for a summer party. He mentioned he probably had more in the back and asked me how many I needed. So if you don't see them, ask. Not sure if they will still be carried there after this recent markdown so I'd suggest looking for them now if you think you might have future plans for them.

If you don't have a Bed Bath & Beyond near you they are available online at the same price: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/tovolo-reg-pop-ice-mold-collection/236992

BTW SurLaTable still has them on their site. They come with a stand but are still reg. priced at $16: https://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-3064466 . The same set at BB&B will run you 7.98 right now.

[ Edited by: Polly_Nesia 2018-04-24 13:35 ]

Sweet - in stock at the BB&B a handful of blocks from my house! Just in time for the nice weather soirees. Thanks for the heads-up!

Great to help out. I should have also mentioned that the Bed Bath & Beyond website's item page has a "Pick up In Store" store locator for easy reference which stores nearby are likely to have them still in stock.

I also noticed that the website says they are Clearance! so this is probably it for finding it there.

[ Edited by: Polly_Nesia 2018-04-24 13:51 ]

Latitude 29 used the moai ice trays to freeze coconut milk for use as a cool garnish, so that's what we're going to start doing. I can't see using these for ice, but coconut milk and tropical juices should be a good alternative for our home bars. :)

Pages: 1 8 replies