Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Coconut Club Nights

Pages: 1 2 replies

H
Hamo posted on Fri, Jul 21, 2017 8:37 PM

Anyone been to any of the Coconut Club Nights held at Clifton's Pacific Seas this summer? I'll happen to be in LA on Tuesday, August 8, when one is scheduled, and I wonder if it'd be worth it to become a member and experience the Seas then, since I'm on my way out of town Wednesday evening and already plan on being at Tiki-Ti when it opens.

We went to their Halloween one and I wasn't crazy about it. Glad I went but don't think I'd go again.

The pros:

• Good crowd control - as far as I could tell, everybody had a real seat
  • When you walk in, they serve you a drink right away
  • Distributing the souvenir glass at the end was really smooth too
  • Good food, and the servers kept coming round so you'd get seconds. It's all finger food mind you, so not enough for a real meal.

The cons:

• The entertainment was choppy and made it hard to enjoy. The hosts did old-fashioned games (spin the wheel, pick a box for a prize, etc.) which were funny, but they'd do a couple rounds of folks and then peace out for 10-15 minutes. You were just sitting there waiting for something else to happen.
  • VERY slow service. I was in line behind a couple people for easily 10 minutes. Not sure if they bring in their own people or if it's the Pacific Seas crew, but it was very frustrating how long it took to get a drink.
  • The Pacific Seas dance floor (one of my favorite features of the regular bar) was not happening.

Again, glad that I tried it out but I prefer the regular Pacific Seas to these events. I'd recommend saving your money and just going on a typical night.

H
Hamo posted on Fri, Nov 17, 2017 6:03 PM

Thanks. I didn’t end up going to Coconut Club Nights (or Clifton’s at all, since it was closed while I was in LA), but your experience confirms the vibe I was getting about the whole thing. Besides, I loved Tiki-Ti so much that the Coconut Club might not have ever had a chance....

Pages: 1 2 replies