Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar and Grog Grotto mugs and accoutrements only..

Pages: 1 18 replies

W

Let's see your's. What do you have, what are you missing, and what do you REALLY wish you had?  Let's see those mugs!!!

Left to Right
TSETB - Shipwreck on the Rocks 1st Edition, Green Glaze
TSETB - 2014 Mahaloween Zombie, White Face, Aqua highlights, Signed by Artist
TSGG - Zombie, Green Face, 1st Edition
TSETB - Zombie, White Face, Green Highlights, 2nd Edition, Signed by Artist.
TSETB - Zombie, Blue Face, 2nd Edition

The Signatures

TSETB - 2015 Mahaloween Jack, Brown Face, Signed/Personalized by Author.
TSETB - 2015 Mahaloween Jack, Orange Face, Signed/Personalized by Author.
TSGG - Black Pearl
TSGG - White Pearl

The Signatures

TSETB - Uh Oa, 1st Edition
TSGG - Nautilus, 1st Edition
TSGG - Uh Oa, 1st Edition

ETR - Plastic Bowl
TSGG - Rum Flight, Orange, Blue, Green
TSETB - Hippopotomai-tai

TSETB - Krakatoa, Orange Lava, Brown Glaze, 1st Edition
TSETB - Original Krakatoa, 2003 Tiki Farm, Kalifornia Ku
TSETB - 2015 Tahitian Terrace Diamond 60th Anniversary
TSETB - 2016 Mahaloween Hitch Hiking Ghosts
ETR - Plastic Sipper
Moana Plastic Sipper

I wish I had the original scorpion bowl Uh Oa before it was TS-branded

It was called the The Fortune Fire Bowl.

I wish I had the white Tahitian Terrace Event mug, and I wish I had the Grog Grotto Hitch Hiking Ghosts.  Throw in a ETB version of the newer Uh Oa too I guess.  The rest of the new ones I hope to pick up soon...

[ Edited by: whoever 2017-09-16 20:21 ]

W

Forgot to update this. My TSETB Krakatoa 2nd edition came in..It's on the right, the lighter body glaze.

Two more to go with the Krakatoa... I've now got the first three (The Kalifornia Ku was the first mug used)

You can see the Ku even featured on the early menus used for the Krakatoa..

Looks like you've got it all covered. There isn't anything more TO have! :)

I didn't take mine down for glamour shots, but here's my set...

My pride and joy Nautilus, as well as a 2nd ed. Shipwreck, and Grog Grotto Uh-Oa.

Hiding in the back is a Shrunken Zombie, and a row of the three Krakatoa mugs. The Grog Grotto 2st ed. is in back.

Krakatoas again, beside an Enchanted Tiki Room 40th Anniversary pillar mug and the current Adventureland one they're selling.

I do have that Tiki Farm they were using for Krakatoas to begin with, but that's over on a different shelf because it's not distinctively Disney. And we've got the Adventureland Dole Whip bowl and sippy cup, but they're beside the sink holding scrubbies and things for doing dishes.

Also, going sideways of Trader Sam's...

The Dole Whip trinket box (which houses fish food, for our fish Tangaroa, who photobombed this pic) and a hippo cookie jar from Target we picked up because it reminded us of the Jungle Cruise.

And an accouterment! I mentioned that my Nautilus was my pride and joy because I'm a huge Jules Verne, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea fan. I collect the pins too, and on my pin board hanging in our "Enchanted Tiki Kitchen" I do have a pin for Trader Sam's Grog Grotto...

I think that about covers it. As far as Disney goes, the only "holy grail" I really want is the Enchanted Tiki Room 40th Anniversary Pele mug. I saw it in 2005, but wasn't enough into Tiki then to justify the expense at the time (in fact, it was that trip, my first to Disneyland and the Enchanted Tiki Room, that got me into Tiki to begin with). Now I should be so lucky as to see it at that price again! I wouldn't mind getting the 1st ed. Shipwreck mug either, but that Pele... That's a beautiful mug...

[ Edited by: EnchantedTikiGoth 2017-09-16 22:41 ]

W

On 2017-09-16 22:37, EnchantedTikiGoth wrote:
Looks like you've got it all covered. There isn't anything more TO have! :)

I've got quite a few holes I'm just recently working on filling. All of the new releases will be added soon. I need a ETB 1st ed. Uh Oa, I need the white Tahitian Terrace. I need a GG Hitchhiking Ghost, I need both ETB and GG Hippos, a GG 1st Krakatoa (on the way), a first release Shipwreck, and the two Squid-created Uh Oa bowls prior to TS-branded ones. THEN... I should have a rounded-out collection.

The Dole Whip trinket box (which houses fish food, for our fish Tangaroa, who photobombed this pic) and a hippo cookie jar from Target we picked up because it reminded us of the Jungle Cruise.

I love that Dole Whip. I'll need to find one of those.

And an accouterment! I mentioned that my Nautilus was my pride and joy because I'm a huge Jules Verne, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea fan. I collect the pins too, and on my pin board hanging in our "Enchanted Tiki Kitchen" I do have a pin for Trader Sam's Grog Grotto...

I too love 20k. I didn't realize they did pins for TS. I'll need to be on the lookout for those.

[ Edited by: whoever 2017-09-17 06:55 ]

J

This is a majority of my Trader Sam's collection (and a couple other things). The Tahitian Terrace 60th Anniversary mug, the error Hippopotoma-tai glass that says Tambu Lounge instead of Grog Grotto on the back, last year's Halloween Hitchhiking Ghosts mug, a first (second) edition Enchanted Tiki Bar barrel mug, and the Grog Grotto rum flight (my first purchase). Not shown are the Grog Grotto white pearl, the Grog Grotto red Krakatoa, and the Grog Grotto white-ish Uh-Oha bowl (those last two were just added in the last couple of weeks after the picture was taken).

This is Trader Sam's only but as you can see on the lower shelf I also have the Chilled Monkey Brians mug and the Hovito Mojito glass from Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar.

W

This is Trader Sam's only but as you can see on the lower shelf I also have the Chilled Monkey Brians mug and the Hovito Mojito glass from Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar.

Wait... we have Indy-themed tiki mugs? Oh boy....Must have.

J

On 2017-09-17 08:54, whoever wrote:

Wait... we have Indy-themed tiki mugs? Oh boy....Must have.

Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar is a bar in Disney Springs (Downtown Disney) at Walt Disney World. The story is that after flying Indy around the world (Jock is the pilot in the opening scene of Raiders) Jock settled down in Florida and ran a hanger operation that eventually got turned into a bar. The bar is full of Indy references and nods to early aviation.

There are 3 glasses, all mass-produced in China (so not as nice as the Trader Sam's mugs, but not as expensive either). The Chilled Monkey Brains and the Hovito Mojito can be seen in my pic, there's a thirds called Reggie's Revenge that I plan to get on my trip over the holidays. Its a fairly plain glass with the bar logo on it and comes with the snake swizzle stick you see in the Monkey mug in my picture (on our first trip they didn't have the Reggie's Revenge glass yet, just the swizzle stick).

They also have 8 themed coasters from bars referenced in the Indiana Jones universe. Well 7 and then the 8th is a Rocketeer reference. The Raven (Raiders), and Club Obi-Wan (Temple) are the obvious once but also Atomic Cafe (Skull) and a couple from the Young Indiana Jones TV series. There's one called the Python Bar as well which is a reference to the fact that in the script Reggie is a boa constrictor but they used a python during filming. Apparently this one has changed size so there are two version of the coaster.

W

Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar is a bar in Disney Springs (Downtown Disney) at Walt Disney World. The story is that after flying Indy around the world (Jock is the pilot in the opening scene of Raiders) Jock settled down in Florida and ran a hanger operation that eventually got turned into a bar. The bar is full of Indy references and nods to early aviation.

There are 3 glasses, all mass-produced in China (so not as nice as the Trader Sam's mugs, but not as expensive either). The Chilled Monkey Brains and the Hovito Mojito can be seen in my pic, there's a thirds called Reggie's Revenge that I plan to get on my trip over the holidays. Its a fairly plain glass with the bar logo on it and comes with the snake swizzle stick you see in the Monkey mug in my picture (on our first trip they didn't have the Reggie's Revenge glass yet, just the swizzle stick).

They also have 8 themed coasters from bars referenced in the Indiana Jones universe. Well 7 and then the 8th is a Rocketeer reference. The Raven (Raiders), and Club Obi-Wan (Temple) are the obvious once but also Atomic Cafe (Skull) and a couple from the Young Indiana Jones TV series. There's one called the Python Bar as well which is a reference to the fact that in the script Reggie is a boa constrictor but they used a python during filming. Apparently this one has changed size so there are two version of the coaster.

I see the glasses, but the swizzles are nowhere to be found online. Going to be next fall before I make it to WDW.

W

On 2017-09-17 21:10, hang10tiki wrote:

I know this is the TS thread, but those same two Polynesian Resort mugs in the back make me want to do a thread for that too!!! Nice collection.

J

On 2017-09-17 15:07, whoever wrote:

I see the glasses, but the swizzles are nowhere to be found online. Going to be next fall before I make it to WDW.

Just saw on the Trader Sam's Facebook group that Jock Lindsey's is apparently out of both special swizzles (the blow dart and the Reggie's Revenge). So it might take a bit for them to show up places online again.

Whoever- :)

Jock Linsdey's was also suppose to get a special glass for the Anything Goes drink. Specifically to look like Willie's dress from the start of Temple of Doom. But a year or so after a crew member told me it was in the pipeline, they told me that they eventually scrapped it. Majorly sucks.

On 2017-10-10 17:07, tikijackskeleton wrote:
Jock Linsdey's was also suppose to get a special glass for the Anything Goes drink. Specifically to look like Willie's dress from the start of Temple of Doom. But a year or so after a crew member told me it was in the pipeline, they told me that they eventually scrapped it. Majorly sucks.

Too bad. It's a cool idea. Drink sounds good too. Would be great to garnish it with a shot float held in a test tube or pipette. I know the drink copy says "no antidote" needed," but that's just a suggestion right? Or serve it with a glow cube shaped like a princess cut diamond.
Hold on to ya potatoes!

J

There are new glazes of the Halloween mugs this year, red at WDW, reportedly green at DL. The WDW has been on sale since Friday:

There's a chance I may get one of these but if I don't no big deal, I have the blue WDW from last year which is a much better look

H

My collection.

Hilt :)

J

BTW, here's the green glaze hitchhiking ghosts mug. apparently they were made in large quantities compared to the other 3 glazes as they lasted until after Halloween. We've got both Grog Grotto glazes (blue - 2016, red - 2017) but may trade the red glaze, especially if we can get the ETB 2016 black glaze for it.

Ok..i may be at Trader Sam's Orlando tomorrow...can anyone tell me what the current tiki mug situation is there???

Thanks

Jim

Pages: 1 18 replies