Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tainted tiki torches?

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

So...are we safe to use our tiki torches now, or do we have to wait a little bit longer for the Nazi stigma to wear off?
:wink:

I never stopped using mine. I just wrote the nazi pigs off.

T

Yeah, I ran across a big batch of used torches for cheap at Goodwill right after that happened, but was leery about buying them while it was still in the news. :wink:

And then there's this:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/us-couples-nazi-parody-song-performed-in-response-to-charlottesville-is-going-viral-a3615721.html

[ Edited by: tikitube 2017-09-25 06:28 ]

I have a dream that one day this nation will realize they can turn their devices on the side before recording videos for upload to the interwebz.

T

This is not an endorsement for these two in any way. BUT….

Adolf Hitler, Time Magazines's 1938 Man of the Year. On January 2, 1939, Time Magazine published its annual Man of the Year issue.

Stalin claimed the Man of the Year title twice: 1939 and 1942.

Stalin dictated the Soviet Union on the opposite side of the war. Under his rule, Soviet soldiers executed Polish prisoners of war, reportedly raped women in occupied towns and set up their own concentration camps.

Joseph Stalin, the Secretary General of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (1922-1953), was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1945 and 1948 for his efforts to end World War II.
And Adolf Hitler was nominated ted for the Nobel Peace Prize once in 1939.

T

There are some really cool old Halloween torches as well.
So torches have been used in many ways over the years.

BUT if people want to hate you they will twist whatever you do into a bad thing.

I don't put out the torches as much because I'm too lazy to fill them.

Try being a middle aged white guy, who shaves his head buying some. It's not easy. Stupid racists ruining my nice backyard glow!

dont worry the masses dont have the attention span to care for more then a day

H

Found out about this brouhaha during our first big tiki party this summer. Fortunately, my friend who pointed it out to me was just yanking my chain when he asked about my Nazi sympathies.

The last thing in my life that hadn't been politicized was Tiki. And then it was. Can I have 1989 back?

T

"Can I have 1989 back?"

Ha! have you seen the TV show Deadliest Decade....
For me the 80s were great!

"The 1980's. A time of greed, glamour, and murder. Real life crimes are vividly re-enacted"

J

On 2017-09-24 22:39, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
I never stopped using mine. I just wrote the nazi pigs off.

Pages: 1 10 replies