Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vic's mug prints...

Pages: 1 10 replies

S

Years ago I was in a Trader Vic's in Texas somewhere and saw a framed print of the original plans for the Suffering Bastard mug. I resisted the urge to liberate it, but have always wondered about it. This month Trader Vic's has a Skull Mug special that includes the original plan print for the Skull Mug. I'm hoping this will lead to plans for other mugs being released. Has anyone ever come across any of these?

S

this is so cool - i've seen patent drawings for vintage cocktail shakers on a collector group i'm a member of, but never thought to look for tiki as well!

S

Wow, Uncle Trav! Is there a story to go with these? Anyone else have some? I'm drooling!

Victor Bergeron (AKA Trader Vic) also patented a couple of his swizzle sticks.

DC

Derailing Vic for a moment. The Mai Kai also had a patent. These were found with a Google patent search and have been shown in other threads here on TC. Great images.

One more patent from Victor Bergeron, a Tiki warming dish.

DC

S

Waking up this ancient thread again because...

I recently tried to find some of these patent illustrations and just can't do it!

I get a lot of different results, none of them remotely tiki.

Any suggestions?

If you go to Google Patents, enter Victor J Bergeron in the search field. You'll find the neat stuff you're looking for in the results.

S

Thanks for coming to the rescue SuffrinSimon, I didn't think of adding the "J".

How 'bout Thomas Merrill (The Suffering Bastard mug). His name is returning all sorts of non-decanter results (Unmanned aerial vehicle search and rescue system!).

Pages: 1 10 replies