Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Looking For Coco Joe's (Or Similar) Walnut Tiki Pendant

Pages: 1 4 replies

Z
Zu posted on Mon, Oct 9, 2017 1:27 PM

Hi everyone - will anyone sell me the coco joe/easter island smooth (walnut or some kind of brown wood) tiki pendant?

Been searching the usual suspects but nothing. You know the one..gaping mouth with rhinestone eyes. There are some made better than others, I'm looking for the one that has a nice gaping mouth detail, some of these don't have that nice finish around the mouth area. If the rhinestone eyes are missing, I can replace those.

much obliged
Zu

Like the one on the left?

Bay Park Buzzy has recreated some of the old vintage pendants, hit him up here or on FaceBook

Z
Zu posted on Mon, Oct 9, 2017 3:56 PM

bingo!! that's it.

Z
Zu posted on Mon, Oct 9, 2017 3:59 PM

i'll check him out..but if I had a choice though I would rather own an vintage one..the new ones ive seen thus far just don't have the detail I'm looking for, or its too over the top for me or they seem to cut corners on the carving details.

Z
Zu posted on Mon, Oct 9, 2017 4:07 PM

a quick google search reveals my suspicion, he's made a couple tiki god necklaces but missing the details the originals have, again especially the gaping mouth detail, its just not there, so subsequently you will know his masks are repro.

phew! never looked for something for so long..this item should be crowned the "rarest tiki item in the world" or something.

at any rate, hopefully someone on this forum is willing to part with one, or two.

Pages: 1 4 replies