Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Central Account Creation issues

Pages: 1 14 replies

Hi gang,

There are a few users on /r/Tiki that are having trouble creating an account here.

Below is the URL to the sub post and two users that are having issues. Can a mod go over and work with these people so they can become Tiki Central members?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tiki/comments/77337v/problems_getting_signed_up_to_tiki_central/

I had a few issues getting my account created for this site last year and figured I could get some exposure to this issue people are reporting.

I also searched for account creation issues on this sub but didn't find an already started thread.

Thanks,
Chester Copperpot

[ Edited by: Chester Copperpot 2017-10-19 13:48 ]

I vaguely recall having some trouble creating an account as well--the confirmation email never arriving. Or was that Critiki? Regardless, I eventually got that squared away, but there does seem to be some sort of email jinx in the system.

H
Hamo posted on Thu, Oct 19, 2017 5:03 PM

I had issues signing up a year ago, too, so there seems to be a persistent issue. Here’s a year old thread about the problem:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=51589&forum=1&3

New people want to join us here! How can we make it as easy as possible for them to start contributing?

T

I had trouble too. It said my account was created but I never got the confirmation email, and couldn't log in. I ended up accidentally creating a second account, and couldn't access that one either. Luckily the mods got me squared away, and now you all get to read my crap. :wink:

On 2017-10-19 21:04, tikitube wrote:
...and now you all get to read my crap. :wink:

Made me laugh!

We should consider a "King of Crap" thread. I'm sure I'd end up there once in a while, lol!

H

Chester, if they provide their email address, they can get their account set up. Please direct them to the link at the bottom of this page, it reads "Contact Tiki Central"...

Here's the direct link:
http://www.tikicentral.com/about/contact.php

Thanks, I sent them this link originally and they said they both had issues.

I forward this onto them again and hopefully they can get some help.

Mahalo,
Chester Copperpot

What's most problematic is that the confirmation email simply doesn't arrive. The common response is "Check your spam folder" but at this point, most people automatically do so. The email just doesn't show up, spam folder or otherwise.

And it's not just Tiki Central that this is an issue with. I've noticed the same thing happen across the web, with old sites as well as new. I'm not code-savvy enough to know what the glitch is, but I know the manifestation is wide-spread across the interwebz, even if it isn't terribly common.

....and I'm IN!

I finally received an email from the administrator. Outstanding.

Thanks to everyone who helped

I am at Circa Caliente in Palm Springs this weekend.

Last night, after having dinner at the Tonga Hut we wandered back to the Caliente Tropic motel.

Sat by the pool, had a few (more) drinks and had a blast listening to the Hula Girls rock out.

Today is some going to be some tours of the post modern architecture and an evening soirée with Shag.

He's having a Re-Grand Opening at his gallery, celebrating the recovery from the earlier fire.

Again....Mahalo to everyone who helped!

T

Welcome to the board! :)

H

Ditto. Had several problems getting on board, finally asked the wife to attack the problem (she's much better at this stuff than I am).

Registered several names, used several different email accounts, finally got it licked. But it was pretty disheartening for a long time lurker to finally come out of the cold . . . .and then remain in the cold for a few weeks more.

Happy to be here, wish it was easier to create an account.

B

I recently had a follower message me on Instagram that their attempts to create an account here have met with futility. I've not been able to get a response from Hakalugi. Any suggestions? The prospective member may be reached at [email protected]. They're based in Japan. Thanks!

I just checked, and the newest member is DoolinsReef from early June, so it looks as if we do have a disconnect somewhere.

~Jayme

Lagoon of Mystery
http://www.JaymeBlaschke.com

[ Edited by: Prikli Pear 2019-08-12 20:23 ]

H
Hamo posted on Mon, Aug 12, 2019 8:44 PM

There's not been anything "official" announced yet, but Wendy posted this on her Creating Tiki thread about a month ago, which helps explain things a bit:

On 2019-07-20 09:43, danlovestikis wrote:
NOTICE: MadDogMike will eventually take over the administration of Tiki Central from Hakalugi. It is in the works with Hanford. Meanwhile TC is kind of frozen. No new members can sign up. I've noticed a huge drop in those who participate by viewing or commenting. I really hope that this transfer happens soon. SAVE TIKI CENTRAL.

Hanford and I are trying to get together so I can learn what I need to know. We had an appointment time last week and I forgot! :( We are trying to get something set up for this week

Good to know! TC will be in good hands with Mike. I will pass on the information to the eager new would-be member.

Pages: 1 14 replies