Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Bahi Hut New Tikis by Jeff Chouinard, LIVE starting 10/23

Pages: 1 7 replies

R

The Bahi Hut has commissioned Jeff Chouinard to carve twin Marquesan tikis for either side of the front walk. Come by and watch him carve or go to the facebook page for updates and live streaming of the carve. He will arrive to start on the 23rd and will be carving most of the week. This is the first of the projects to put more tiki in the nation's 4th oldest tiki bar.

Robotiki
Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

[ Edited by: robotiki 2017-10-20 09:01 ]

I will be there with Missus Explorer on Sat the 28th, am hoping Jeff will still be carving that day. Either way we're going to enjoy what the Hut has to offer, and whatever Jeff has produced. I'll take photos. Might even post them here when I sober up, lol!

Kerosene Mai Tai, here I come!

R

On 2017-10-20 08:32, AceExplorer wrote:
I will be there with Missus Explorer on Sat the 28th, am hoping Jeff will still be carving that day. Either way we're going to enjoy what the Hut has to offer, and whatever Jeff has produced. I'll take photos. Might even post them here when I sober up, lol!

Kerosene Mai Tai, here I come!

I truly hope he's done by then! But we'll save a glass of kerosene for ya.

On 2017-10-20 08:06, robotiki wrote:
The Bahi Hut has commissioned Jeff Chouinard to carve twin Marquesan tikis ...

Good call! Those will look nice!

I'm still going to be there on Saturday the 28th of October.

Calling all TC'ers to join us from 10am-ish to about 4pm.

We'll be leaving around 4pm to attend an evening event up the road.

R

The carving has begun! The raw materials were twin 80' dead palms in the parking lot. We captured the second one on film as we took it down

https://www.facebook.com/BahiHut/posts/1722376274500854

Robotiki
Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

[ Edited by: robotiki 2017-10-27 07:13 ]

R

On 2017-10-24 10:32, AceExplorer wrote:
I'm still going to be there on Saturday the 28th of October.

Calling all TC'ers to join us from 10am-ish to about 4pm.

We'll be leaving around 4pm to attend an evening event up the road.

Remember the bar does not open until 4:30......

We welcome all to watch but we're trying to keep the project on track, so we are looking to limit distractions from the carving action. And BYO safety goggles, this guy is a wild man!

On 2017-10-27 06:27, robotiki wrote:
Remember the bar does not open until 4:30......

We welcome all to watch but we're trying to keep the project on track, so we are looking to limit distractions from the carving action. And BYO safety goggles, this guy is a wild man!

Thanks robotiki, that's very good advice, we already thought ahead not to be a distraction. We're planning on getting in early enough tonight to spend some time in the bar though.

Pages: 1 7 replies