Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Velvet art for home tiki bar - Reproductions of Leeteg, etc.

Pages: 1 2 replies

We are in the process of decorating our home tiki bar and in my search for Rob Hamel velvet art, I stumbled upon these reproductions on eBay. I tend to collect originals(Witco, Shag, August Holland, etc.) when I can afford it and I also love the velvet art look. This Leeteg reproduction is probably my favorite even though it might be a bit ubiquitous. I also found some unpainted vintage velvet paint by number canvases at a flea market for a steal. I contacted this guy in San Diego who works with the Tijuana velvet artists and he was able to also paint these vintage canvases. Thought I'd share my experience with the greater tiki community.

https://velvetify.com/collections/nudes-pin-up-girls/products/polynesian-girl-with-coconut-nectar-reproduction-of-an-edgar-leeteg-oil-on-black-velvet-by-zenon-matias-jimenez-jm119

Here are some pics of the room in progress, the framed coconut girl and the finished paint by numbers. My wife built this wedge shaped tiki bar and we covered it with black bamboo from Oceanic Arts. Any advice on how to decorate the Murphy bed wall?

Thank you for the link!

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Oct 31, 2017 11:38 PM

Yes, my thanks for the link, too. I’ve been looking around for different sources for velvet paintings, and this is great. A few weeks back I discovered this Hina Rapa reproduction on Etsy (but the coconut girl might be my new favorite):

https://www.etsy.com/listing/265007770/tropical-hula-hawaiian-girl-no-4-black?ref=cat_gallery_23

Please share more pictures and info about your space in the Home Tiki Bars forum. I really like what we see here. As for the Murphy bed, if it were me, I’d do two or three vertical carved panels, PNG shields, or something similar that could be attached securely and move with the bed, and Oceanic Arts would be the first place I’d look.

Pages: 1 2 replies