Tiki Central / General Tiki

wow!!!

Pages: 1 11 replies

UT

Major BS spam attack!

T

Fake watches again.

T

Here they register the FAKE Rolex they make!

Found online...
Fake ROLEX • Submariner Replica®

I wonder if you "register" a fake Shag or a knock off Frankoma tiki mug would you then not get busted for selling / stealing a companies product or art?

All that company needed to do is put an "®" behind the art they stole from Tiki Shark.

Don't use Shags name though, they have removed sales for actual Shag carpet on eBay for using his name.

OGR

I know, I'm pissed, I've been trying to buy shag carpet on eBay for months...WTH? :evil:

L

The funny thing is we've heard from legitimate people that try to register here but can't, yet the bots find a way.

I'm not trying to speak with authority I don't have, but a couple brain synapses desperately tried and eventually fired and I had the following thoughts:

1. This was not a major spam attack. I think I saw only 12 messages come through. And I was bummed that they were about something so mundane like fake watches.
  2. The guys who run this have probably already closed the loophole that allowed these, do you guys remember the discussions a year or so ago about how there were new filters put in here, and that they get tweaked when necessary?
  3. The thread title is vague. What is "wow!!" really? lol... Just picking on you, but you could have put the word "spam incident" or something else into the title...

:drink: for youse guys, the webmaster, and our mods here!

T

I was up at 2am today and looked on TC and saw there were about 100 people on the site so I looked to see if anyone had logged on, no one had but oddly there was a "guest" on the Grand Forum of Mystery?! I did wonder if someone was trying to hack the site.

[ Edited by: tikicoma 2017-11-05 12:21 ]

T

“1) This was not a major spam attack. I think I saw only 12 messages come through. And I was bummed that they were about something so mundane like fake watches.”

Nastarnercala posted 130 spam posts in one day.

“The funny thing is we've heard from legitimate people that try to register here but can't, yet the bots find a way.”

Nastarnercala signed up on Aril of 2014 so that was some time ago.

The Mod will get him.

H

Tikiskip is right, this was an old sleeper cell spammer from 2014 that just woke up.

The spam was so persuasive I ended up buying six of their watches!

G
GianFU posted on Sun, Nov 5, 2017 3:31 PM

Me Too !!

I got the Polynesian Coral Face - Water Resistant to 3' of sea pressure.....

I like how the "Hula Girl" seconds-hand sways left and right 60 times per minute !!

Now if I can just figure how to adjust the year from 1962 to 2017, the date function will work as well....

::::: Paddles away on War Canoe :::::::

S

On 2017-11-05 11:40, AceExplorer wrote:

1. The thread title is vague. What is "wow!!" really? lol... Just picking on you, but you could have put the word "spam incident" or something else into the title...

Or just bump an existing thread about the topic.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=33394&forum=1&hilite=spam

T

"The spam was so persuasive I ended up buying six of their watches!"

Now that was funny.
They may be coming from China if at all so it could take some time.

Pages: 1 11 replies