Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Firechief Mai Tai

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha,

Is there anyone who knows the recipe of Tony's on the pier's Firechief Mai Tai? I've tried to google it and I've also searched tiki central but haven't found.

I've only had it once when I went there. I live to far away from Rendondo Beach and it still haunts me... ?

On 2017-11-07 11:35, always on the beach wrote:
Aloha,

Is there anyone who knows the recipe of Tony's on the pier's Firechief Mai Tai? I've tried to google it and I've also searched tiki central but haven't found.

I've only had it once when I went there. I live to far away from Rendondo Beach and it still haunts me... ?

Here is a list of the ingredients that I think is still being used there. Good Luck!

orange juice
lemon juice
dark rum
light rum
grenadine float of Barcardi 151

Thanks a lot Nui'umi'umi!

Will definitely try this out. Is there any chance you know the how many parts of each? As I watched the bartender making the drink, he never used any jiggers. Could it perhaps be approximately 1 oz per ingredient?

A

Never having had this, I'll take a guess based on the ingredients:

1 oz Dark Rum
1 oz Light Rum
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
3 oz Orange Juice
1/4 oz Grenadine
Shake with crushed ice. Pour into glass. Float 151 rum.

Mahalo, gonna try it out!!

On 2017-11-08 14:59, arriano wrote:
Never having had this, I'll take a guess based on the ingredients:

1 oz Dark Rum
1 oz Light Rum
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
3 oz Orange Juice
1/4 oz Grenadine
Shake with crushed ice. Pour into glass. Float 151 rum.

Keep us posted as to how this drink turns out
Mahalo Arriano

H
Hamo posted on Thu, Jul 6, 2023 9:12 PM

I made it to Tony's back in April and had both the Mai Tai and the Fire Chief. I enjoyed the Fire Chief much more than the Mai Tai; the 151 seemed to balance the drink out better. I'd not thought of trying to recreate it at home (but I do have two souvenir glasses to use....); I see the menu now just just generally lists "fruit juices" instead of lemon and orange.

Pages: 1 6 replies