Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland 12! Sunday December 3rd!

Pages: 1 8 replies

T

Here we go AGAIN (for the 12th time!) the holidays are just around the corner...
Come and get your holiday shopping on, tiki style!

Please join us Sunday, December 3rd for our 12th annual holiday themed event: Tiki Wonderland 12!!!

Parking lot sale & art show begins at 2pm with holiday tunes outside provided by Big Tiki Dude!
Then at 6pm HIGH TIDE will be playing The VENTURES Christmas album inside in it's entirety!
Durangos Tacos will be on hand as usual serving up their delicious fair of tacos, quesadillas & burritos!

VENDING SPACES ARE FILLED.

Here is the vendor line up for Tiki Wonderland 12:
Clee Sobieski
Ron Monster
Design Krime Studios - the art of Rick Kess
Eric October
Stilettoed Devil
Daveck
TikiSwag
Outl1n3 Island
Dusty J Dobbs
Lynn McGuire
Black Sands Vintage
Trader Tom
RaraBird
Tiki Gonzo
Buzz Rhino
Tee-Ki Togs
Ms. Formaldehyde
In The Kiln
Tiki Tiki Monster
Kapalua Designs

Still accepting submissions for the Art Show, info coming soon!

To submit to art show or to be put on the vendor wait list, please EMAIL [email protected] or PM me here!

Mahalo-Ho-Ho-Ho!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 12, 2017 11:55 PM

Number 12!! Seems like it was only 11 years ago when we did the first one!

Just got a huge stack of new Xmas CDs to play for you all.

Wait, just a week to go? I haven't even added Santa hats to my tiki mugs yet!

kevin

T

Aloha everybody!

I'm excited to announce I've completed another Botanical Tiki Cocktail piece: 151 Swizzle!

The framed 11x14 painting will be available at my booth, along with prints, and prints of the whole Botanical line up to date.

I learn something new every time I create one of these pieces. This time, I discovered that nutmeg is totally freaky! The seed, which is consumed in ground form, is encased in a fleshy pod. Opening the pod and exposing the seed reveals a weird membrane surrounding said seed... It looks disturbingly like Freddy Krueger's face! AAAHHH!!!

See everybody on the 3rd!

I'm excited to announce my imminent purchase of the 151 Swizzle botanical print!

Great work as usual Eric. Onwards to Tiki Wonderland!

kevin

T

Mahalo Kevin!

Here are some other pieces I've created for the event:

An 8x10 paper sculpture of the Abominable Snowmonster.

Jabba Claus and his team of Tauntaus bringing holiday joy to the galaxy, 11x17 acrylic on paper, and I used the image to create 4x6 postcards!

I also created another menorah tiki mug! I can actually be used as a mug, but probably not at the same time!

See everybody at the Hut!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 2, 2017 3:08 PM

Fun stuff, Tobunga. GROG look forward to tomorrow.

T

Mahalo Grog! See you tomorrow!

Hey everybody, don't forget: In The Kiln will be at the Hut on Sunday with tiki mugs and bowls and other pieces that you can custom glaze!

They'll have some new ornaments that you can tikify, and a new mug covered in tentacles!

See everybody at the Hut!

Pages: 1 8 replies