Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Massive fiberglass sharks?

Pages: 1 19 replies

T

I just ran across an auction listing for items from closed Joe's Crab Shack restaurants, and they've got some fun nautical themed stuff including fish, signs, old oars, and even a couple of fiberglass sharks.

It looks like the auction is based in SC, but it says something about shipping via FedEx. Of course, I doubt they will ship a shark. :wink:

http://pciauctions.com/auction_details.php?auction=2583&page=Joe%27s+Crab+Shack+Seafood+And+More+Restaurant+Equipment+Auction

Here are the sharks:
http://pciauctions.com/item_detail.php?item=586063
http://pciauctions.com/item_detail.php?item=586064

Anyways, just passing on the link, if you happen to live nearby and think something might fit into your decor. I'm not affiliated with the site or anything...

Cheers,

Jeff

One still has no bids

W
WWBBQ posted on Mon, Nov 27, 2017 6:43 PM

Many thanks Tikitube and MadDogMike! Without you guys, I would never have seen.
I live in NC and was able to score one, and was close enough to pickup today. I've been snooping T/C for 10 yrs. Finally able to get my bar moving on. Promise some pictures soon. Finally got started with our local tiki bar closing and I was managed to recover the huge sign.
What started as The ParTiki is now The Tiki Hideaway. Here in North Carolina, Tiki collides with coastal so the shark will be a great addition.
Thanks fellers

Nothing like a first post with a HUGE statement! :lol: Congratulations, looking forward to pics of the Tiki Hideaway :)

That shark will make a nice accent piece. You have a little nook reserved for it? :wink:

H

OMG!!!

Bet the trip home with that was interesting! Wonder how many cars slowed down to take a look/picture?

howlinowl

W
WWBBQ posted on Tue, Nov 28, 2017 6:07 PM

Yup, she's a beaut! 16 feet of fun. And YES, plenty of strange looks, photos, and gawkers on her 2 hour ride home. Most frequent question: 1) what are you gonna do with that? When I responded "Going in my Tiki Bar" - everyone wanted an invite. Of course one kid at the restaurant break, asked if his mother could hold him up so he could put his head in the mouth!
Again Many thanks for the Hot Tip. More pics to follow.

You’re gonna need a bigger boat

:)

I certainly hope you have the jaws theme song playing your tiki bar now and then

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2017-12-01 20:03 ]

W
WWBBQ posted on Sat, Dec 2, 2017 3:24 PM

Yeah, you are probably right! We put this boat in the ceiling of the bar, before we got the shark!!!! She's too short (16ft)and leaks. "3 hour tour", you know. Had to place the SS Minnow II about 25 ft from the ground, so we needed a "little help from our friends", and modern machinery to get her in place. A fine adventure.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 2, 2017 3:29 PM

Looks like it's gonna be fun bar. Awesome purchase of the shark for the bar.

Holy smokes! When the props you get for your Tiki bar are so big you have to build the bar around them!...

T

YES!! So glad you scored one of them. I didn't realize it was THAT big. :)

Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Cheers,

Jeff

This is going to be nuts! So very much looking forward to you build thread!

I just moved to Raleigh. Perhaps I can come by sometime.

W
WWBBQ posted on Tue, Dec 5, 2017 2:59 PM

Sure, I'll email ya.

Holy Shark! That's one hell of a shark. When I first started reading I thought "darn, wish I was closer. I could use a shark for my bar on day at the beach....(I own a house on an island off the coast of NJ.) But then I kept reading!!! There's no way my future bar could accommodate that beast! I have a 2 ft long metal one hanging from the ceiling of my bar at my first house. There's no comparison!!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you drop on her?

Wow. This should be good!

W

Oops, forgot to respond on the question on the shark cost. $200. Luckily I have a trailer long enough to haul, and the warehouse was only 75 miles or so away. Working on expansion plans now, for the "Shark Shack"

Score

Pages: 1 19 replies