Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Buyer beware, Craiglist Ohio, Hoffman switcharoo.

Pages: 1 3 replies

T

There is a Craigslist sale now on Craigslist in Ohio for a Kahiki Hoffman Pottery Mystery bowl.
BUT it's NOT a Kahiki Hoffman Pottery Mystery bowl, It is a Idols cast Kahiki Hoffman Pottery bowl, this Idols cast Kahiki would sell for less.

It goes on to say how the Kahiki Hoffman Pottery Mystery bowl is the most sought after bowl of all time and a mug at the top of every tiki collector list.
And that is true if it were a Kahiki Hoffman Pottery Mystery bowl.

What they did was post a sale from eBay of a Kahiki Hoffman Pottery Mystery bowl that sold for over a thousand dollars on eBay just last week.
But what they are selling is a picture of an Idols cast Kahiki Hoffman Pottery bowl, the one they are selling.
This Idols cast Kahiki Hoffman Pottery bowl was also up for sale on eBay last week but I don't know if it sold or what.

Most of the time I would just shake my head but this time I had lifted and posted pictures of both of those bowls in my Kahiki thread.

Don't know if it is a weird coincidence or what but did not want people to think I have anything to do with this sale, nor do I know who's sale it is.
So buy it, don't buy it, just don't tie me to it.

Somebody on TC sent me a PM saying "hey look at this"
If not for that I would not have known about it.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

T

So they did change the listing to say they are selling an Idols cast bowl and not a Mystery bowl from the Kahiki.

Guess they do read TC.

Behold the power of Tikiskip! :)

T

I don't know about that.

I am seeing a lot of not so factual eBay sales tiki wise.
Hoffman Pottery did not make a coconut mug for the Kahiki is all I'm saying.

can remember a guy who told me "I just got a Stephen crane mug for FIVE bucks" "Yeah that's right FIVE bucks" he wrote me in a PM.

Well I looked up his ebay history and it was one of those Party City plastic stemmed wine glasses no less, the ones with the gaudy paint jobs.

I never told him I saw what he really got, it was only five bucks and shipping.

Pages: 1 3 replies