Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Article on Tiki in California needs YOUR help.

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hello. I am working on an article for The Fresno Bee on tiki in California. There is NOTHING in the Fresno area that is tiki. One has to go north to Modesto (Minnie's, Tropics Motel and Tiki Cocktail Lounge), west (the central coast's Creeky Tiki, Harbor Hut, and Lost Isle Adventures) or south (Tiki-Ko and Coconut Joe's in Bakersfield) for the nearest tiki experience...and beyond, to the Bay Area or Los Angeles for even more tiki fun. I am looking for people in the Central Valley, in or around Fresno mostly, to interview. What do you do to get your tiki fix? Do you have a home tiki bar or know someone who does? Any cool tiki experiences at long-gone tiki places of legend? I want to talk to you. I am planning on doing the article in early January. I'm just gathering sopurces and information for it now. I had contacted a bunch of people recently---but have somehow lost those contacts when I deleted a bunch of email in my "sent" file---not realizing that their emails to me in my inbox were connected to the sent emails. ARGH! Humuhumu from Critiki had agreed to be a part of this as well as others. I'll have to track them all down, of course.

Although I am a recent member to this site, I'm not a newbie to tiki culture. I've been a tikiphile for years. On Critiki I am also Monster A GoGo, if that helps...but I've been a member there for years. Please...if you live in the Central Valley, please contact me via private message and I'll give you my contact information.

Thank you so much.

CHEERS!

[ Edited by: Monster A GoGo 2017-11-28 19:57 ]

Hi, I would have thought you would have had dozens of messages by now. I just found your post. If we can help you out let me know. We are near Sacramento. My husband has been a major collector for 20 years and I've dedicated all my artwork to tiki. Cheers, Wendy

On 2017-11-28 19:56, Monster A GoGo wrote:
There is NOTHING in the Fresno area that is tiki.

. Well, there is this.

. Well, there is this.

TT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOdo-l7JmDE

The Overlook Lounge Home Tiki Bar?

On 2017-12-07 22:10, Phillip Roberts wrote:

. Well, there is this.

Yes, but beer and wine only - no rum :lol:

On 2017-12-07 22:10, Phillip Roberts wrote:

. Well, there is this.

Thanks for this. I had actually approached them (via email) already but have not heard back from them as of yet. If you know the owners, have them get back to me please. THANK YOU.

CHEERS!

LAST CALL!!!!

I've postponed doing the article until next Monday (Feb 5, 2018) due to the holidays and unforeseen circumstances (i.e. a house guest who stayed 2 1/2 weeks---EEEK! But he has a doctor appointment, so he will be leaving soon. Ha!)

Please get back to me ASAP with your responses if you still want to participate. If you'd rather not, that is okay.

THANK YOU and CHEERS!

Shawn / Monster A GoGo

Looking forward to seeing the finished article. I'd be happy to help, except that I'm 1,300 miles away, and there's even less tiki here in Texas than around you. But hey, I'm trying...

G

I got my answers to him last week.

Hope you all will help him, anyone from the San Joaquin Valley, but also those from central California around Fresno.

Eric...

Pages: 1 9 replies