Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Ultimate Tiki Wishlist - Top 5

Pages: 1 10 replies

H
Hearn posted on Sat, Dec 2, 2017 8:00 AM

Thought this would be a fun game to play.

What is your ultimate (money no obstacle) tiki collector Top 5 Wishlist?

Here’s mine:

1. Original DTB 1941 Menu signed by Donn Beach.

2. 1961 Elvis Tiki Bob Mug

3. Skipper Kent’s Zombie Village Mug

4. Ren Clark Severed Head Mug

5. Original Voodoo LP signed by Robert Drasnin

OGR

Vintage:

Andres Bumatay Tiki

Milan Guanko Tiki

Bob and Leroy Tiki

Barney West Tiki

The Ren Clark Tiki

+more :) Eli-Etc

I feel like mine are fairly modest in comparison...

1. the brown 2004 Enchanted Tiki Room 40th anniversary Pele mug (which I had in my grasp, but felt I couldn't justify the $50 because it was that same trip to Disneyland in 2005 that introduced me to Tiki... if only I had known... now I can't justify the $200)

2. the 1st edition Trader Sam's Rum Barrel in white and brown.

3. a classic Tiki Bob.

4. a Trader Vic's Nautilus (not unattainable, but I tell you, that shipping charge to Canada is a killer).

5. the last slot on these lists are always the hardest, because I know right away what my most wanted ones are, but by the end there are a bunch of really good ones that could all fit here equally. Most of them are more because I want to go to the bar itself: a Don the Beachcomber coconut, a Frankie's slot machine, a La Mariana Sailing Club float mug, a Three Dots and a Dash urchin, a Smuggler's Cove sunken tiki... I also really like the Tiki Caliente 7 octopus mug... I dunno'...

Ren Clark severed head mug; August Holland prints, to find a vintage Alfred Shaheen dress in my size that makes me look thin and gorgeous, Witco bar with stools, vintage Tretchikoff's Chinese Girl-Green Lady print, Tiki Bob mug.

[ Edited by: TikiGoddess 2017-12-03 17:04 ]

The Mai Kai in Fort Lauderdale
The Tiki Ti in Hollywood
The Tonga Hut in Palm Springs
Smuggler's Cove in San Francisco
A Lear jet with crew to fly back and forth

You said "money no obstacle" :lol: :P :D

"You said "money no obstacle"

kohalacharms tiki collection, done.

On 2017-12-11 12:44, tikiskip wrote:
"You said "money no obstacle"

kohalacharms tiki collection, done.

That was exactly my first thought. I'm not sure anyone on here knows who he is anymore.

Funny my first thought was a lot like your first thought.
But then owning all those places looks a lot better on the outside that actually owning them.

Tiki Ti would be good as it's small.

I can only imagine that Kohalacharms' collection must be absolutely staggering in person.

For me it would be:

Trader Vic's gremlin bowl
Trader Vic's kava bowl
Hurricane (SF) skull mug
Zombie Village mug
Trader Vic's bowl or mug with the lovely Hawaiian lady

T

On 2017-12-11 13:03, HopeChest wrote:
I can only imagine that Kohalacharms' collection must be absolutely staggering in person.

I don't know how you would have time for anything else but the searching bidding on and then receiving, storing all that tiki, it would be a full time job.

Some jobs do have a lot of time where you could do it from work.(Gov't)

On 2017-12-11 12:50, tikiskip wrote:
...But then owning all those places looks a lot better on the outside that actually owning them...

Yeah, I would have no desire to actually own them. But the IDEA sounds good :wink:

Pages: 1 10 replies