Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Falernum - Intoxica!

Pages: 1 6 replies

H
Herf posted on Thu, Jul 11, 2002 8:53 PM

I've been using Falernum from Davinci Gourmet ( http://www.davincigourmet.com/page.php?keyword=falernum&page=741&s=0&DAVINCI=4cac28631226a58fb19433c7a15caab3 )

and I read in Intoxica! that Grog Log readers reported seeing two other brands on internet sites. Hanschell Inniss and J.D. Taylor's.

Can anyone procide poiters to where these two other brands can be obtained??

Thanks for any info,
Ken

M

Ken-

Does the Falernum from Da Vinci have any alcohol in it, or is it just syrup? Real Falernum is slightly alcoholic.

Thanks,

Martin

H
Herf posted on Sat, Jul 13, 2002 5:43 PM

No. The Da Vinci Gourmet falernum is non-alcoholic.

It's good, but I'd like to try others.

I finally found falernum in a liquor store! After a long search I found it at Hi-Times Wine Cellars in Costa Messa. They only had the DaVinci brand for $6. And while there, I was able to find a Brandy from Chile, Pisco Capel Reservadio, in a Moai shaped bottle! I'm going to make myself a drink right now.

Hi-Times is at 250 Ogle St. in Costa Mesa

S

I have that same bottle of Pisco Brandy...but I've been wondering what to mix with it. I'm looking for something different than a plain old Pisco Sour. Any suggestions?

SoBeTiki

I have been researching pisco recipes, so try these:

Algarrobina

Aka. Carob Cocktail

2 shots pisco brandy
½ shot algarrobina*
2 shots cream/ milk
½ shot sugar syrup (optional)
1 egg yolk

Shake with ice, then strain to ice filled whisky glass. Garnish with ground cinnamon.

*Algarrobina is a syrup made from the beans of the Algarrobo tree (Prosopis pallida). If you do not have Algarrobina, then try using Carob syrup (its exactly the same).

Pisco Punch

Created by Duncan Nichol

2 shots Pisco
½ shot fresh lime juice
½ shot pineapple juice
soda water

Stir with ice, and strain into a chilled wine glass, which may be filled with ice cubes (this is optional). Top with soda water and garnish with a wedge of pineapple.

In some parts of America, the Pisco Sour is called a ’Pisco Punch’.

Hope that helps! cheers!

Porgy!

try this link for falernum information:

http://drinkboy.editthispage.com/2000/05/09

Cheers!

Porgy!

Pages: 1 6 replies