Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Support my DtB research

Pages: 1 5 replies

S

[

My Patreon Page](https://www.patreon.com/swankpad)

The goal of a Don Beach biography and that research is huge. If you'd like to help, here is a good way.

Thanks for your support.

And happy birthday Don!

Kind of amazing there hasn't been a full biography published already. Wow, definitely a worthy (and challenging) undertaking. I wonder if there's any information hiding in Mexia after all this time...

S

On 2018-02-22 11:22, Prikli Pear wrote:
Kind of amazing there hasn't been a full biography published already. Wow, definitely a worthy (and challenging) undertaking. I wonder if there's any information hiding in Mexia after all this time...

Mike Skinner found some articles in their local paper, but they were mostly duplicates of stories in major markets.

On 2018-02-22 11:22, Prikli Pear wrote:
Kind of amazing there hasn't been a full biography published already.

There is one by Arnold Bitner. Also, I think Sven Kirsten devotes a whole chapter to Don in his "The Book of Tiki".

There is one by Arnold Bitner. Also, I think Sven Kirsten devotes a whole chapter to Don in his "The Book of Tiki".

Was it originally published through iUniverse, or is that a reprint? Most of the iUniverse books I've encountered are of questionable quality.

S

Yes, iUniverse

This book is based on Don's own "memoire" and journals, etc. His writings on his own life, edited by Phoebe Beach's husband Arnold.

Pages: 1 5 replies