Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Exotica 2003: Mahalo and a few more pics

Pages: 1 4 replies

Although I was only able to attend Trader Vics and the Kona Kai, I left Exotica 2003 totally fulfilled. There couldn't have been a better bunch of people assembled for drinkin' and tikin'. I would like to thank those of you involved with planning the weekend including, but not limited to, the Daves, Amy, Cindy and James.

Here are a few pics:

Grand Pubi

Fred and Ginger. I just couldn't get enough of these two.

Thanks again Exotica 2003!

"I like you, man. You're crazy, but I like you."

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo on 2003-08-25 06:12 ]

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo on 2004-03-14 07:43 ]

[ Edited by: primo kimo 2008-08-06 11:42 ]

After sorting through all my pictures this is the only other I took that turned out halfway decent. Ah... the Kona Kai.

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo on 2003-08-25 12:45 ]

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo on 2004-03-14 07:45 ]

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo on 2004-03-25 20:30 ]

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo 2008-08-06 11:43 ]

So how much fun do I look like I was having there, with my arms wrapped around a cutie! Was that you, Primo Kino (handing the camera off)? Who was that masked (well, "hatted") man, and why did you disappear???

Ah, the Kona Kai...

It was my camera and I think I was taking the pictures (I can't rightly remember actually snapping this shot). I'm James, the guy with the fez and the Primo shirt (this much I remember). The cowboy is my friend from high school, Chris. We were travelling from Vermont to California via Suburban. Chris was moving back and I was tagging along for the ride. When I found out about Exotica 2003 I delayed his move so we could attend at least the Kona Kai. After 16 hours of travel and a flat tire I ditched (business issues really) the cross country trip and flew home to Vermont. I had the best time ever. He is not a tikiphile, but he sure had a good time as well. Alas, we both split early and missed more fun. I was able to get to Hala Kahiki (instead of Rock-a-Tiki) on Friday night just to see what I was going to miss=(

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo on 2003-08-25 17:45 ]

Ah, now the rum haze clears! I remember the fez, and now I remember that Chris was in a cross-country Suburban! Glad y'all could stop off for (part of) the fun. The Hala Kahiki may now just be my favorite tiki spot - good thing you made the trip there.

"Walking in a Witco wonderland..."

Pages: 1 4 replies