Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Martini Kings Live at the Original TIKI Market Place 4-14-18

Pages: 1 2 replies

Saturday April 14th 10-3pm in the Beautiful Koko Beach Park at the Original TIKI Market Place
Garden Grove Elks Lodge
11551 Trask Avenue, Garden Grove, CA.

Free with paid admission to !!! See our Original Tiki Market Place thread on Tiki Central for more info!

"Authenticity. You know it when you hear it, and if you’re listening to the Martini Kings you’re definitely hearing it. Lounge music is hot right now, but nobody plays it with that ice-cool, cigar-smoke & Dubonnet fifties vibe that the Martini Kings have. If you’re sharing a room with the Martini Kings don’t be surprized if you suddenly spill your drink. It’s the ghosts of Dino and Sammy brushing your elbow on their way to the bar.Formed in 1982 by the Philadelphia born Marsico brothers, the band has remained true to their dedication to a form of music known as West Coast jazz, a style of jazz music that developed around Los Angeles and San Francisco during the 1950's which features a less frenetic, calmer style than bebop and tends to be more heavily arranged, and more often composition- based. With 15 albums released to date and numerous gold and platinum albums to the members credits - the band with their Mid Century Modern looks and sound continue to wow music lovers throughout the U.S. and abroad as well as write songs for television and motion pictures. Their original songs can be heard in the HBO hits Entourage, Six Feet Under and beyond." http://www.martinikings.com

Getting some work done while listening to some excellent smooth and cool music! Listening to my latest two additions to my Martini Kings collection. Thanks Tony! I'll be looking forward to "hearing" you on Saturday!

We want to give a special thank you shout out to the Martini Kings for a very special performance yesterday that had the crowd moving and grooving all afternoon! They are truly a Class Act and should never be missed if possible! Mucho Mahalos to our friends Craig Fundyga, Joel Alpers and Tony Marsico and of course the lovely Janelle assisting them with their merchandise sales!

Pages: 1 2 replies