Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Atomic Cocktail on TV

Pages: 1 13 replies

See Tiki Central's own Atomic Cocktail this Monday night (August 25) at 9pm Pacific/Eastern time on the History Channel's show "WILD WEST TECH". Watch him get held up by bandits in a "dramatic'"reconstruction of the 1866 Reno Gang train robbery. In the original robbery his character is thrown from the moving train.

Tune in to see the spectacular results!

NOTE: No tikis were harmed in the making of this teleplay.

Cool. I think I just saw him in about a 15 second preview on the History Channel. Some robber was sticking a six gun into his belly...ahhh, when is he going to be on the Cooking Channel's 30 minute Spam meals?

Yes, he saw that promo last night. Apparently it was a rather unflattering angle.

I'll be setting the VCR! So after this harrowing experience, was our Atomic Cocktail shaken? I'm sure that his performance will be stirring!

-Weird Unc

p.s. Sorry.

I checked the schedule tonight and was dismayed to find nuttin to watch. Then lo and behold, Atomic thoughtfully provided me with some entertainment. Only a half an hour to go...

I think I just saw him, a fine looking upstanding citizen forced by gunpoint to open the safe.

Vintagegirl, whats it like being the girlfriend of a bigtime celebrity? :wink:

On 2003-08-25 22:34, DawnTiki wrote:
Vintagegirl, whats it like being the girlfriend of a bigtime celebrity? :wink:

All the Spam you can eat, baby!

now that's just plain nasty... :)

And now for some fascinating, behind-the-scenes photos from that riveting episode of Wild West Tech:

The train used for the shoot in Jamestown, California. (I think it was also used in the 1960s show "Petticoat Junction".)

Atomic's friend Jake (on the far left) is a movie cowboy and played one of the outlaws.

I saw the end of this show, but I missed Atomic. I want to catch it again; it was very interesting!

I think that train was also used in Back To The Future III, as well.

I heard there was one outlaw who shot more than 40 people ... one of 'em just for snorin' too loud!

~Hanford

M

On 2003-08-28 03:27, hanford_lemoore wrote:

I heard there was one outlaw who shot more than 40 people ... one of 'em just for snorin' too loud!

~Hanford

Ha! That's one of those things you read and your head immediately starts to spin with, "Why is that so familiar?" Then you realize it. Thanks for that flashback.

Okay, Atomic Cocktail was in Jamestown and he didn't try to look me up? I'm about an hours drive away. Looks like he's on my shit list. Better have a good excuse Mr. Cocktail.

Hey Jungletrader,

I sent ya a letter, but since the guy is walking from Sonora I guess he still ain't there yet! Actually, it was a last minute thing so I didn't have time to find out who lived up that way.

Wow, I finally got my 5 seconds of fame! The shoot was lots of fun-no Spam but plenty of beef jerky. It was shot in Jamestown at Railtown 1897 State Historic Park:

http://www.csrmf.org/railtown/default.asp

It has been host to many shoots through the years including "High Noon","Back to da Fewcha III","Petticoat Junction","Unforgiven","The Great Northfield, Minnesota Raid" and "Debbie Does Dallis"-just about anything with an olde-timey train in it. The locomotive they used in them shoots is currently disassembled and being restored.

If you get a chance to see the program again take a careful look as the bandits push the large, green safe from the moving train. The production folks suddenly realized if they pushed the plywood prop safe out it would most likely break into a million pieces. Two large cardboard boxes taped together and covered with WET green paint was substituted in its place!

Pages: 1 13 replies