Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Frank Beard's drum kit

Pages: 1 6 replies

R

this is from last night's concert in west palm, Frank Beard from zztop, tiki inspired drum kit

[ Edited by: rluvbeach 2018-06-04 07:46 ]

[ Edited by: rluvbeach 2018-06-04 08:15 ]

Very cool. Also good to see that his tikis aren't painted crazy colors.

H

I'd seen them before when they played one of the late night shows years back. I seem to remember a post for them (may have even been me who posted it) but can't find it now. ZZ top rocks, never seen them in concert but met them way back in 1984 at the Hot Rod Magazine Supernationals in Indianapolis. Back during Eliminator, they had the girls from the videos on Saturday and Billy, Dusty and Frank signing autographs on Sunday. Waited in line for hours to get a autograph and can't find that sumbitch anywhere now....

howlinowl

H

Hey! found it! and it was me that posted!.....haven't tried the youtube link yet to see if it works, though.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28706&forum=1&vpost=736149&hilite=zz%20top

howlinowl

R

looks like the video is gone, would have loved to see it.

Heres another shot of the boys from the west palm show

BB

I only just noticed all the little details, like the cymbal nuts and the legs for the tom rack. Nice.

My brother was going to grow a long beard in case something happened to either of the guitarists. He doesn't play guitar but he figured it would take him less time to learn 3 chords than it would a guitarist to grow a beard :lol:

Pages: 1 6 replies