Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

You can find some of my New Orleans Tiki Art here :-)

Pages: 1 8 replies

Ok, as I said in another forum, with a little help from my new friend Mike, I have two samples of a mural, (sold), to put here, and a link to his gallery page to show you another painting I just finished this morning! It is for sale, and I am for hire, but if that's not your thing, just please enjoy the view. Mahalo! :)

http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/misc/agb

Beautiful!

O

nice paintings. there is also a thread with the title Tiki paintings or something like that(use the search feature) where you can post pictures of your paintings when there finished.

Ahhh- Thank you both, for the kind words. I have visited pics pics pics, and there are so many talented people here at TC! It's inspiring. I will share new Tiki works at TC as they become available. It will be the place where they get seen first. Hopefully one day I will be able to meet you all at a festival. Until later...my doggie thinks she smells plumeria passing by and thinks we should go out and see...

S

Very nice! As a Louisiana native (now displaced far into Yankee Land), I appreciate the style and vibrancy - your compositions are so full of life!

R

Very nice work, Gypsy! How big is that piece? Do you use Acrylics or Oils? You know, you are more than welcome to post to my thread I started. It's the pics,pics thread. Really. :) It would be nice to have more pics there too! Keep on slinging that brush!

[ Edited by: RenTiki on 2003-08-26 12:25 ]

::Bowing::::doin' a little hula wave:::
RenTiki! I'm honored! I love your work!
Thank you, as I learn more about dis jazz, I'll do that. I paint with acylics and latex mostly, with a few hoodoo ingredients thrown in for good measure :wink: The mural is 4ftX8ft, on wood, with one to follow soon, that's 4ftX24ft. Like a circus clown car, the question will be, "how many tikis can you fit into one mural?!" The painting in Mikes' gallery page,
http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/misc/agb that you might have already seen, "Suki's Great Vacation", is2ftX 4ft, and it's on canvas. I'm having so much fun doing this, that I see scenes in my head when I'm trying to sleep. I had to laugh when I saw your "angry guy" running down the path, in your painting, because the other night, before I saw your stuff, he was running through one of my pictures with a stolen torch! That lil' sucker gets around! We like to thinkwe have control but nooo... lol
Write me anytime, and thanks for the invite to your thread!
GT

Oh and let me just say where yat scigirl!
laisser le bon temps roulez!

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Oct 15, 2003 1:21 AM

GypsyTiki, i gotta get one of those! good job!

Pages: 1 8 replies