Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

I Salute Your Chutzpah!

Pages: 1 2 replies

CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION: AN ASSISTANT CHIEF MISUSED STATE RESOURCES TO BUILD AN UNAUTHORIZED STRUCTURE (A TIKI ROOM!!!)
CASE I2017-0912

https://www.auditor.ca.gov/reports/I2018-1/chapters.html#I2017-0912

I couldn't find the Tiki with Ray Home Tiki Bar Spotlight where the pictures came from (and I'm not sure I want to out a possible TC member), but I salute your enthusiasm of Tiki.

H
Hamo posted on Wed, Jul 25, 2018 8:54 PM

MrFab posted about this yesterday (but your link is much more detailed than the LA Times snippet).

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=52965&forum=1&0

Looks like Ray has removed the original post, but I was able to find it elsewhere. Searching TC for a few different keywords in both posts and member names doesn’t bring up anything related that I can see, so maybe the offending party isn’t a member. Ray might have made the connection through Facebook, since the place had its own FB page linked in the Spotlight.

How’s this for a prophetic quote: “[The home bar] has less than an 8-year life. It will be torn down.”

T

Can you even imagine the many hours wasted on company time since the computer was invented.

Was waiting a long time for a doctor one time and they were saying how busy they were, well they must not have known I could hear the doctor trying to order a saxophone over the phone for his kid soooo.

With some of the eBay tiki nutz you KNOW they are buying stuff while people are waiting for medical care.
Staff infections are on a big rise in hospitals these days, bet the cell phone is a large part of that problem.

So I don't know, it's nice to be on the hey this is awesome I'm getting paid to do my own crap.
But then it sucks to be on the end waiting for you to do your job and or the person that pays you to do that job.

Having been a state worker and having been a owner of a restaurant I have been on both ends, the time waster and the time payer.

Pages: 1 2 replies