Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

A Little Tiki Dining Dream Realized...

Pages: 1 13 replies

S

Not only have I wanted some form of Tiki-esque dinnerware for awhile, I have also longed for that childhood comfort: The Divided Plate. Lo and Behold, the Salvation Army comes through with 4 of these...I am content...

http://www.tikitaky.com
Tiki Rules!

[ Edited by: scigirl on 2003-08-25 17:11 ]

Very nice!! I would have died if I found those - life would be complete - well, at least for a while.

M

Nice find...
Makes me wanna bar-B-Que
Cong rats.

I love those plates! As an anal-retent, I dig how everything stays exactly where it's supposed to.

I picture the plate having mixed peas and corn in one section, mashed spuds with gravy in another and crispy fried chicken in the main section. Next to it is a pina-colada served in a coconut mug. Please call me when dinner is ready!

S

Close tiki-riviera!

Main section: Grilled veggie burger smothered in portabella mushroom gravy.

Right top section: Steamed carrots

Left top section: Steamed broccoli
...and no one item influencing any other...

Beverage: non-alcoholic pina colada in coconut mug. I am full, blissful and happily Tiki-retro...

http://www.tikitaky.com
Tiki Rules!

[ Edited by: scigirl on 2003-08-25 18:54 ]

Score!! Im a nut for dishes! Are there any markings on the back of the plate? Who made it? I bet the also made cups and saucers too!

Great score!!

J

I scored about 50 of the Texan brand divided plates at Goodwill. The Cadilac of divided plates, strong enough to crack a skull.

S

No markings, MonkeyPaw. I guess I'll have to trust in the Tiki gods to deliver any ancillary pieces they see fit that I should own. For now, life is good...

T

Oh man I am so jealous!
I love divided plates. I love tiki plates. I had no idea that the two worlds had come together.

THose are beeyoooteeful.

Plus, I am down with the veggie burgers...
But please make my drink a real one!

E

Howzabout...
seared ahi, fiddleheads, and wild rice? My dinnerware envy-meter is redlining!

yummo,
em.

D

Man-what a deal...

P

Those plates were made by Fred Roberts Co. (I have a few that still have the stickers on the bottom) Congrats on a great score !

[ Edited by: puamana on 2003-08-27 17:15 ]

S

Thanks puamana! I appreciate the info! Tonight's repast was:

Main section - baked spiced tofu over brown rice
Left upper section - steamed green beans
Right upper section - kale sauteed in garlic and olive oil

Pages: 1 13 replies