Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

International Tiki Day ~ NW!!

Pages: 1 0 replies

E

Well, I guess I'm a little late to report in, but I finally crawled out of the dark depths of my now finished TIKI ROOM and can once again roam amongst the Tiki Centralites!

The party was fun, but small. I actually tried not to invite anyone in case I didn't get the room done in time :) but somehow nine of us gathered on the evening of August 9th for the first ever HUTIKIHI.

I designed a logo for the event which I used on various things from a CD to a guest book/journal for all Tiki Room guests to sign from now until eternity. After the party I designed artwork for a CD using photos and burned a copy for each guest and mailed it to them.

I also started designing a drink menu which had a tiki mug or glass designated for each party guest and a name that went with it (personalized specifically for each guest), but had too much work in just finishing the room to be able to complete it. :(

However, HUTIKIHI II in 2004 (if there is one) will be bigger and better and I'm working on a sound system for the room right now!

One thing that everyone remembers about that night is the REAL howling wolf at the end when the party was dispersing. A nice touch to an almost full moon tiki night... Thanks for the long read--thought I'd share my first-ever International Tiki Day experience with everyone. ~ Sandra

p.s. if anyone wants to see the CD, I'll upload the art.

Pages: 1 0 replies