Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele presents "Drums of Tahiti" in 3-D!!!

Pages: 1 9 replies

King Kukulele presents "Drums of Tahiti" in 3-D!!!

Don't miss your chance to see this Classic Movie in 3-D!!! Sunday September 21st at 4:30 at one of Hollywood's Premier Movie Palaces "The Egyptian" See http://www.3dfilmfest.com for more information. Meet in the Egyptians Courtyard at 4:00. Post Movie activities to Be announced.

King Kukulele

[ Edited by: KING KUKULELE on 2003-08-26 23:46 ]

Hmmm...

Do you think it would be a reasonable film/environment for kids? We will be at Disneyland that morning and might swing up to Hollywood in the evening.

Hmmm..... This would be such a cool thing to go to. An old movie at an old theatre, with and old uke player taunting the crowd. I'm game.

Monkeyman wrote:
Do you think it would be a reasonable film/environment for kids?

Probably not a good one to take your two little ones to. It's got a bit of death & destruction, and a few face slapping scenes, and the dialogue would be too boring for them.

sounds pretty cool! maybe i'll bring my bongos & play along.. just kidding, i'll sure try to make it.

Arrrgh! I will miss THE WHOLE DAMN 3-D FESTIVAL that is going on thru September there! So many great flics. Why? Because I am in Germany again, all September...staying at the port in Hamburg though...and this time I WILL hit Barcelona!

Even though it's not Tiki, I'd highly recommend CAT WOMEN OF THE MOON on Sat 9/13. I've seen it in non-3-D and it was still great campy 50s Sci-Fi stuff.

Also, there's a Jane Russell movie THE FRENCH LINE (Sat 9/20) which has the tagline: "Jane Russell in 3D....Need we say more?"

More like Double D.

What time does Cat Women start? I hope Vintage Girl will make sure Miss Trixie won't miss the Thurston Howlies show!

Pages: 1 9 replies