Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Baja Cantina luau this Saturday!

Pages: 1 3 replies

come on down to the Baja Cantina in Marina Del Rey (311 Washington Blvd.) for the annual (i forget how many annuals it's been) BC luau. starts at noon and the music, provided by DOUBLE NAUGHT SPY CAR with a possible King Kukulele sighting (he's been invited anyway) starting at 3 PM. i will be setting up a table to sell trinkets from Maui and CDs....prolly around 1 PM.

To all you who like King Kuke's Friki Tikis, Paul Lacques (Professor Poopooly, lap steel) and Mark Doten (Malahini Mark, upright bass) are also in Double Naught Spy Car. There are some reviews here and I really like the interview from LA Weekly at the bottom: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/dnspycar1

[ Edited by: floratina on 2003-08-27 15:01 ]

Crap!!!!I would love to go to this but again will be out of town. Love the instros of Double Naught Spy Car! Wondered what happened to them after 1998s "Comb In Blue Water" cd. Favorite song: Arrangement With A Dung Beetle. Thanks for the update Floratina, I will have to get their latest. Paul plays a great non-traditional style steel guitar.

also, i neglected to mention there WILL be a costume contest (with prizes) and i KNOW how good you guys are at conjuring those up. the actual luau begins around noon but the music doesn't start till 3.

Pages: 1 3 replies