Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 12-19-18 Xmas No. 2

Pages: 1 0 replies

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge December 18, 2013

It’s that time of year when we mark the yuletide season in true Tikiphile style.

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge show is broadcast on Wednesdays, 5-6 pm Eastern Standard Time (2-3 pm on the West Coast and 10-11 GMT in Europe) at http://www.radiofairfax.org.. Radio Fairfax also can be heard on Tune In Radio at tunein.com, and streamed on smartphones by downloading the Tunein app. It also can be streamed on Roku and Google TV at: http://tinyurl.com/3uqfsz9

Past shows from this year are now available to listen to in their entirety at: https://www.mixcloud.com/Flashfriend/

1. “Brand New Ukulele” by King Kukulele & the Friki Tikis from their scintilacious CD: Luau in December, featuring King Kukulele (Denny Monaghan) on Vocal and Ukulele.

2. “Christmas Carol Waltz” performed by Moses Kahumoku on the capable collection: Kiho'Alu Christmas – Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar.

3. “O Come, O Come Emmanuel” by the Mermen from their yule-ish album: Do You Hear What I Hear – A Very Mermen Christmas, with Jim Thomas on Electric & Acoustic Guitars, Joe Goldmark on Pedal Steel Guitar, Allen Whitman on Electric Bass and Martyn Jones on Drums.

4. “We Three Kings,” the 1863 song by Rev. John Henry Hopkins, performed by Pink Martini on their CD: Joy to the World, featuring China Forbes on Vocal, Thomas Lauderdale Jr. on Piano and Dan Fahnele on Guitar.

5. “Holiday Time in New Orleans” by the Dukes of Dixieland from the compensable compilation: Putamayo Presents: New Orleans Christmas.

6. The Don Redman and Andy Razaf song, “Gee Baby (Ain’t I Good to You?)” sung by Karrin Allyson on her able album Azure-Te’ featuring Bob Bowman on Bass, Rod Fleeman on Guitar, Claude “Fiddler” Williams on Violin and Todd Strait on Drums.

7. “Holiday on Skis,” the Leroy Holmes composition recorded in 1967 by guitarist Al Caiola from the copacetic collection: Ultra Lounge: Christmas Cocktails 1.

8. “Our First Christmas” written by Mike Renzi and Judy Barron and sung by Blossom Dearie from her 1996 CD: Christmas Spice So Very Nice, with Musical Director Mike Renzi on Piano, Jay Leonhart on Bass and Grady Tate on Drums.

9. A medley of “I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm” and “Jing-a-Ling, Jing-a-Ling” by Les Brown and His Band of Renown from 1958 and Frank Devol With the Starlighters from 1950, drawn from the cool collection: Ultra Lounge: Christmas Cocktails, Part Two.

10. “A Christmas Love Song,” composed by Alan & Marilyn Bergman and Johnny Mandel, recorded by Roland and Robert Cazimero on their CD: The Brothers Cazimero – Caz Christmas.

11. “The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing,” composed by Irving Berlin for the 1954 movie: White Christmas, sung by Kurt Elling on his recording: This Time It’s Love, featuring Laurence Hobgood on Piano with Bob Amster on Bass and Michael Raynor on Drums.

12. “I’ll Make Every Day Christmas for My Woman” the 1967 song by Joe Tex, taken from the CD: Mojo’s Festive Fifteen – An Alternative Christmas Celebration.

13. “Simple Gifts,” The 1848 Shaker song composed by Elder Joseph Brackett and sung by Connie Eveningson on her album: The Secret of Christmas, accompanied by Sanford Moore on Piano, Dave Karr on Tenor Sax and Ricky Peterson on Organ.

Pages: 1 0 replies