Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki menus at your local library?

Pages: 1 4 replies

H

Here's an interesting article from today's Seattle Times; it seems that the Seattle library has a rather extensive menu collection. A few polynesian palaces are mentioned in the article.

Seattle Times Menu Article

I wonder if other local library systems have similar collections? It might be a neat resource for those of you with an urban archaeology bent. But remember, as tempting as it may be, there's probably a special place in hell for collectors who steal from the library.

Great Article regardless of our local availability, Humuhumu!

I can't imagine that the Greenville County Library has even one decent Tiki Drink or Food Menu. Will that assurance, however, keep me from checking it out personally? Nope! I Think Not!

If you are ever in Providence, RI you should stop by Johnson & Wales University's Culinary Archives. Back when I graduated they had a HUGE collection of menus. I understand that the archives now comprise over 500,000 items including more than 4,000 menus from around the world from the collection of Zack Hanle, Editor-at-Large of Bon Appetit magazine. Perhaps a catalog or other info on O.M.C lies buried in the stacks waiting to be discovered. I understand that they have a borrow by mail program but only for students/instructors/alumni. :)

[ Edited by: Midway Cafe on 2003-08-28 18:54 ]

I posted here about a collection of menus in Hawaii, but it never occured to me to check locally. And it would never occur to me to read a local Seattle paper. Thanks, Ms H. I should scurry down there before some rat bastard does rip of the a menu or two.

On 2003-08-29 00:09, woofmutt wrote:
I posted here about a collection of menus in Hawaii

http://library.kcc.hawaii.edu/external/food-srv/menu3.html

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 14:58 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies