Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Rest in Peace Andrew McClain, AKA Mr Tiki Head

Pages: 1 9 replies

There is very sad news reported that Andrew McClain has been killed an an automobile accident. Many of us knew him simply as Mr. Tiki Head. While there have been tributes in other places online, I think a remembrance here is due.

Although I didn't know Andrew personally, I appreciate all the good will he spread in the Tiki world and will greatly miss his presence at events. As others have said, you knew you were at a great party when you spotted Mr. Tiki Head sauntering or dancing though the crowd. His mask designs were incredibly impressive and beautiful and he was always more than happy to stop for pictures and share the fun with everyone.

My great sympathy to his family and friends.

Aloha 'oe, Mr. Tiki Head. I will very much miss dancing with you.

I had seen him at events but never actually met him. From the outpouring of love from the Tiki community on FB, he must of been one of the good guys. Very sad :(

C

Tiki events will not be the same without him. He will seriously be missed

Never met him personally but he was a fixture at Tiki Caliente and Mod Palm Springs. He brought something extra to every event and he will be sorely missed. My heart goes out to his family and friends. The Tiki Community has lost one of its greatest Ambassadors.

Rest in peace, Andrew.
I also appreciated the extra tiki goodness he brought to Tiki Oasis and Don the Beachcomber over the years. He contributed so much to the scene and will live on in the hearts of so many.

I had conversations with him at many events but never knew what he looked like until now. He was such a nice man.

He will be missed by so many of us. Wendy

so so sad; being in so Cal ive seen him at many events and met him without his head not knowing who he was, Im sorry that i didnt know him better.....RIP sir

Go to the new Bamboo Club at 3522 E Anaheim St in Long Beach, CA and you will see a tribute to him.

Seeing him at the events was a big part of why we loved them.

May your Grog always be full, may the Wahines be abundant, May the music play and the merriment flow....

See you in Paradise!

There is a memorial for Mr. Tiki Head at Tiki Oasis Arizona this weekend.

I hope he feels how missed he is at all the events he made special.

Pages: 1 9 replies