Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

August 31 is the deadline for the Do Not Call list

Pages: 1 7 replies

J

If you dont get on the Do Not Call list by August 31 it will take 3 months for it to go into effect.

http://www.donotcall.gov/

Thanks Jonboy,

I was meaning to register and would have missed the deadline if it wasn't for your reminder. I'm set now.

Sabu

E

Holy crap, you Yanks are lucky - are you sure this isn't just a website set up by the National Telemarketer's Association to gather phone numbers to target for special abuse?

Good luck all, hope this really works!

aloha, em.

emspace - fer chrisakes I'm PARANOID enough as it is without you throwin' another log on the fire!

E

On 2003-08-31 14:28, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
emspace - fer chrisakes I'm PARANOID enough as it is without you throwin' another log on the fire!

Umm, yes, I'm sorry. I'm paranoid too, unfortunately. Just recently having some turd of a nutjob of a sumbitch sending me viruses every other day (NOT accidentally, we'd never heard of him before so not a Worm problem with his Address Book) sent me into a dither of security mania.

I'm sure these guys are legit! Absolutely! There, now have a cool Labor Day cocktail and forget what I said. I feel bad...

aloha,
em.

K

Yes, the real "no call" lists are legitimate. But there are some scams. Telemarketers call elderly people who they've already identified thru previous schemes and pretend they are calling to help them sign up for the "no call" list.

They "interview" them to find out as much as they can about their fears and areas of confusion, and sell that information to other sleazeballs.

Then the poor old folks can't figure out why they're getting more telemarketing calls since they signed up for the list.

On 2003-08-31 19:37, kctiki wrote:
Telemarketers call elderly people who they've already identified thru previous schemes and pretend they are calling to help them sign up for the "no call" list.

They "interview" them to find out as much as they can about their fears and areas of confusion, and sell that information to other sleazeballs.

...and I hope there's a special room in Hell for those people.

C

I registered on the website (donotcall.gov is legit) on its first day and today received two confirmation emails for numbers whose last four digits don't match mine. When I went to the site out of curiosity, it confirmed a number that is no where close to mine.

Pages: 1 7 replies