Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Tiki at Aloha Stadium Swap Meet

Pages: 1 2 replies

T

Plan on attending tomorrow. Any booths of Tiki items? Anyone have tips?

Mahalo

How did it go? Would love any info you have. The missus and I are hoping to hit it up when we go to Honolulu for the first time in the summer.

T

It was a fun place..... a large percentage of the booths were "store" type vendors with similar merchandise. There were some booths that were rented by folks who looked like they were cleaning out the garage. I think it's in those booths you have the best chance to score a find, just didn't see enough of them. We did find great deals on acacia wood bowls and serving ware, which we always seem to need for our tiki parties. Another good find was inexpensive necklaces. Tiki idols, shells, etc. we got 2 dozen shell necklaces for $10! We use them as give always for kiddos at the tiki hut. If you knew ukuleles I think it would be a great place to get a high quality use at a good price. The only dissapointment was there are no food trucks. Hawaii has some great food trucks so we were surprised they only food was the stadium snack bar. They do have a lot of fresh fruit stands.

Safe Travels and enjoy your trip!

Pages: 1 2 replies