Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

OktoberFIST!!

Pages: 1 5 replies

DZ

Just a heads up for all Hoity Toitys who made it last year and anyone planning on going this year: Oktoberfest (or OktoberFIST, if you will...) at Alpine Village in Torrance kicks off on Saturday, Sept. 6 and continues every Friday and Saturday night from 6:30 to 1 (and Sunday afternoon 'Family Days') until the end of October. Beer-drinking, cow-milking, stein-holding, chicken-dancing, log-sawing: its the only place I know of where drunken behavior in public is not frowned upon, it's encouraged!!
Z-Girl and I are usually up for going any time (but October 11 is DEFINITELY out...), but it's always fun to get a big group to go. (Can you say "ELECTROLYSIS"?) With any luck maybe we can get Vintage Girl to come in her dirldl again, and perhaps Mr. - uh, I mean FISTER - Smiley will come in his lederhosen with his custom-made lidded tiki-beer stein!
I can usually get enough free passes for everyone, but they aren't available as of yet. (Last year you could just print out your own from their website, but it, too, says nothing yet.) I'll keep anyone interested posted as to their availability.

Well? Who's in?

Here are the threads from last year, incl. pictures:

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=981&forum=6

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1228&forum=6&start=30

Doctor Z
Mix-maestro of the Castaway Lounge,
Redondo Beach, CA

[ Edited by: Doctor Z on 2003-08-29 17:24 ]

Doctor Z!!!!!

Do they serve Warsteiner there?

mmmmmm...Warsteiner & a bratwurst!

SugarCaddyDaddy's SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule!

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-08-30 21:05 ]

Herr Doktor, I would love to join you in this traditional celebration of falling down drunkedness. I used to be a regular at the old Alpine Village when I lived in Torrance (corner of Vermont & Sepulvida). Happiest days of my life (sorta). As far as German beer goes though...I'll take a pint of Spatten or an EKU 28. Lots of irreparable brain damage.

Wow, wow... I used to attend the Octoberfest every year when I lived in Orange County. And what a great dance floor in the main hall - a serious dancer could dance all day on that wooden floor.

I really miss those days.

M

Ok--this Saturday for Oktoberfest. What time? 6pm, 7, 8 ??? Dr. Z--have you been able to round up Saturday coupons?? WHose going---Bruce

M

my mistake--shoul read:
Ok--NEXT Saturday October 18 for Oktoberfest. What time? 6pm, 7, 8 ??? Dr. Z--have you been able to round up Saturday coupons?? WHo is going?---Bruce

Pages: 1 5 replies