Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

who is this edgeoftexas guy anyway?

Pages: 1 17 replies

E

Okay, I am on a need-to-know basis...and I NEED TO KNOW! (what movie was that from?)

Who is this masked man who drops into all these mug auctions and places sky-high bids? Who is this unknown gunslinger from the Federal Republic that makes low-income eBayers quake in their boots, sends greenhorns scuttling for the darkest corners of the saloon when his shadow falls across the dusty, bloodstained floorboards?

As Doctor Funkenstein would say, who is this bitch?

:), em.

S

Sniper. A real sniper.

S

Sniper. A real sniper.

The MUGANATER!!!

Here's that masked gunslinger:

http://www.martysnortumstudio.com

E

Really? This is the guy? I thought maybe an oil baron or something. An advertising photog, eh? Nice work. It was just envy speaking, I wish him luck on his continued quest for the Largest Mug Collection on Earth.

em

I would imagine that he could take a great picture or two of his mug collection. On his site (above), the only tiki/cocktail related pictures are under the heading "Still Life" with 2 pictures of various cocktail stirrers.

He seems to do nice work.

A bit of his collection is visible in this shot from the HGTV show "Building Character."

His home is featured in episode BDC-213 "Showtime in Texas".

D

Has anyone ever invited him to visit Tiki Central?

DZ

'edgeoftexas' and I both made purchases from the same seller, but our packages got sent to each others addresses accidentally. When I sent his package to him, I included a letter commenting on the collection he must have (I, too, have lost many an auction to him...) and inviting him to join TikiCentral, but I've yet to see a post either. I'd really like to hear from him!

G
GECKO posted on Mon, Sep 1, 2003 8:52 PM

Him and his wife are real nice peopo, they stoped by here on da islands last year and purchased one of my carvings.

They have their own custom cowboy boot buisness and he's also a photographer not to mention she makes awesome tiki purses out of leather. She goes by Tiki girl on her purse lables.

They live in a cool old fashion movie theater that they turned into there home. A really awsome couple to talk story with.

and YES!!! He's a HUGE mug collector!!

aloha

I wonder if they are the same Texans who stopped by my store a year or so ago who said they were way into tiki and were on their way to the islands??? Hmmm...

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Sep 2, 2003 12:23 AM

I think that was them boobam because they had stoped in Calli befor they came to da islands. Young good looking couple.

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Sep 2, 2003 12:29 AM

Why you braddahs ask? what did he snipe this time? He got me last year on some Steve Crane Mugs. You can probubly start a whole post on peopo dat got sniped here on TC by dis braddah!

He's a very nice guy who loves Tiki jus as we do and has buko $$$ in his corner to back up his collection.

So, if you get sniped by da braddah no worries, he's givin da mugs a great home.

I promised I'de stop by his place if I eva wen stayed in TX, so if I do, I will fo sho take pics of his collection fo us to envy.

E

Man, they really seem like nice folks, I never meant to say anything mean..it was all in fun. I guess they just like their privacy - and their stupendous collection!

He was after two more Steve Crane mugs this time Gecko - and I think he got 'em! I stopped following when they went past $86...

:), em.

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Sep 2, 2003 11:30 PM

Emspace, i feel your pain my friend. Dat braddah gets me all da time on steve cranes! I only need 4 more mugs for the complete set.

Good luck on your Crane hunting brah

E

I've gotta tell you - maybe this should be in the "what is your favorite mug" thread - for me it's the Crane Luau bowl with the 3 little guys that look like the salt and pepper shakers. You know the one? That one KILLS me, I dunno, maybe it's the byooteeful swimming-pool-blue bottom, the leaves on the sides...and the last 2 times it came up it ended at like $280 and $300. I dunno if I'll ever own one at that rate, but gotta be optimistic.

:), em

Pages: 1 17 replies