Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Ohio Tiki Book available for Pre-Order!!

Pages: 1 7 replies

Aloha,

My Ohio Tiki book is now available for pre-order.

It will be released on December 9th, 2019, just in time for the holidaze!!

https://www.arcadiapublishing.com/Products/9781467142472

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

[ Edited by: Jeff Central 2019-11-07 10:32 ]

Also available here, signed and with extras from the Kahiki!! :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352878202253?ul_noapp=true

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

H
Hamo posted on Thu, Dec 5, 2019 10:22 PM

Interesting how closely your cover and subtitle mirrors the "California Tiki" book; is the publisher doing a series?

H
Hamo posted on Thu, Dec 5, 2019 10:23 PM

PS, I'm sure you book will be better....

Yes, the History Press Art Dept. also designed my cover but I told them NO CLOWN TIKIS!!!

I was disappointed with the California Book because it didn't focus on the plethora of Polynesian restaurants in the state. I knew I could do a better book and I think I have. Ohio Tiki is the history of Polynesian Restaurants in Ohio from 1934 till now.

I hope people enjoy it! I'm really happy with the way it came out!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

A SERIES would not be out of the question. I've been pondering doing a few more but it is a LOT of work!!

Time will tell.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

T

So I just got yer book and it has lots of stuff I have never seen and that is hard to do for a person like me who has been on TC and searched for tiki for so long.

It is a good book and thank you for adding the Headhunters club and a bit about my tiki lights.

Was surprised that so few have said at least a small thank you as you really did say some nice things about many tiki artists, groups, events and old tiki joints in your book.

I guess that saying thank you is seen as weak maybe these days as you see it almost never.

This book has changed how I will think of "These were grand events" when I next read these words again and will wonder if it was more of a drunken frat like party with grown men drinking in their underwear, Ha!
It's rare to have actually been to events written about.

So congrats! and the next book on Kahiki needs to be a big fat color picture book like the Book of Tiki.

Thanks for the kind words Tikiskip!! It was really a fun book to research. The more I digged the more I would find. One of the nicest things was getting to meet Natalie, the daughter of Tropics tycoon George Rudin of Dayton. Such a nice person to talk to and reminisce about the "good ole' days."

I am so happy I got to include your family history as well. It is well-deserved.

I haven't received much response from people which is really weird but everyone I talk to says they absolutely LOVE it, so that makes me happy.

Hopefully the planned Kahiki Scrapbook will be just as cool!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

[ Edited by: Jeff Central 2020-02-05 06:33 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies