Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

pineapple corer

Pages: 1 6 replies

Heya Haoles!

Have any of y'all found a decent contraption for hollowing out pineapples for drinks? I found this and was going to order it, but figured I'd check here first. Lemme know if you've got something mo bettah.

http://www.plowhearth.com/product.asp?section_id=0&department=0&search_type=normal&search_value=61186&pcode=7579

K

S

Yep, that's what you need. Just be careful not to go too deep. Don't pay too much for these. I have seen the price at double what I paid at the grocery store. You get the duel purpose of making a very large drink cup and it makes nice rings of pineapple and, when you slice off the top, plant it in your yard and grow your own!

W

This device was available at Target, probably still is. They should have a low price and no s&h charges.

S

I've seen these at Target, too, and at other common discount stores. They are also available at kitchen stores, but the advice not to break the bank on one is solid. They can be had pretty cheaply with a bit of footwork.

with my luck, the targets down here probly won't have it. but i will look.

Houston is such a beer'n'shots kinda town that there's probly not much of a market for these things.

Thanks for the feedback!
K

M

I think the jab has that one--he is still on the road for about a week--maybe he can comment on it

T

$8.99 at Target!

Pages: 1 6 replies