Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Amazon Pictures

Pages: 1 11 replies

I will upload here pictures of the place I live here in Madre de Dios(God's Mother), Perú
These are few i took myself, but I'll get the best quality ones in future posts

This is a Capybara I found on the River

This is my Isula Bar (Bullet Ant Bar). The fridges are hand painted as bamboos and the big jars are pisco infused with different element of the jungle

This are Mama Pumba and Papa Pumba watching over their nest Molinero

And this is a chick I called Coca.

The macaws are part of the Tambopata Macaw Project, which is the leading macaw conservation research in the world.

If you have any question, or like any picture in particular, just tell me. I will be keep updating this post

[ Edited by: LaraColada 2019-12-08 14:44 ]

UT

Very cool!! The birds are beautiful and that bar looks very inviting indeed.

H

Yes more pictures, also curious, what is the most popular drink at your bar.

This is a Clay-lick, where the macaws, parrots and mammals go to get the sodium supplement.

Sunset in Tambopata River.

This is the bridge to your room

This is how it looks on top

On 2019-12-09 08:31, hiltiki wrote:
Yes more pictures, also curious, what is the most popular drink at your bar.

Pisco Sour without a doubt, but among the amazonian drinks is the Jaguar(cat's claw infusion that is a bark of the jungle, passion fruit, angostura, an ginger ale) and the Tambopata Paradise (Jamaican gold rum, starfruit, passion fruit, mint, spiced syrup and triple sec).

Also I practice new drinks with my guest, like today that I'm making my version of the hurricane with Jamaican gold rum, burnt caramel syrup, passion fruit syrup and lime juice. It's almost impossible to find Black or Dark rum around here

LarColada,
Thank you for these pictures!!! What an absolute treat!! The Clay-lick is amazing, such amazing color from the Macaw contrasted with the clay.

The Tambopata Paradise sounds delicious. So, I certainly wouldn't want you to reveal any secrets...but, If you wanted to post your recipe for the Tambopata Paradise ....I'm sure there are several people that would love to make it....and try it. Actually, I would really love to try it there....and enjoy the beautiful view you have someday :)

I had a little bit of time to look up on Google Maps.....so, the Rainforest Expedition Tours are right near the Airport.....and then your lodge and bar is either in the large Reserva Nacional Tambopata....or...Reserva Territorial Madre de Dios. Both of these looks like VERY large Reserves. It also looks like there are numerous other parks, reserves, etc in the area. It's great to see that so much space is being preserved for nature.

A rainbow boa

Lento, the tortoise

A Wandering Spider, which gives the most painful erection!

On 2019-12-09 10:53, PineappleWhip wrote:
LarColada,
Thank you for these pictures!!! What an absolute treat!! The Clay-lick is amazing, such amazing color from the Macaw contrasted with the clay.

You welcome! I will be uploading every time I can. For me is a pleasure that this beautiful part of the world is known more and more.

The Tambopata Paradise sounds delicious. So, I certainly wouldn't want you to reveal any secrets...but, If you wanted to post your recipe for the Tambopata Paradise ....I'm sure there are several people that would love to make it....and try it. Actually, I would really love to try it there....and enjoy the beautiful view you have someday :)

Tambopata Paradise.
2oz Jamaican Silver Rum
0.5oz Triple Sec
Dash Anise
1oz Simple Syrup
1oz Passion Fruit Pulp
1.5oz Starfruit Juice (its not the same but you can use 2 oz of passion pulp)
4 Spearmint Leaves.
Blend everything together and serve with crushed ice.

I had a little bit of time to look up on Google Maps.....so, the Rainforest Expedition Tours are right near the Airport.....and then your lodge and bar is either in the large Reserva Nacional Tambopata....or...Reserva Territorial Madre de Dios. Both of these looks like VERY large Reserves. It also looks like there are numerous other parks, reserves, etc in the area. It's great to see that so much space is being preserved for nature.

The one near the airport is the welcoming office, where you get the the bus to the port, and get the boat to the lodges.
we have three lodges: Posada Amazonas, which is the nearest to the city; Refugio Amazonas, which is the principal new species research center and TRC, the one I work, that is es farthest to the city and where you find more wildlife. Each of them have their charm, like Posada being kid friendly, Refugio excelent for adventure travelers and TRC special for Birdwatchers.
But what we want is to bring to the community an economical activity that is less harmfull that gold mining and agriculture for the jungle enviroment, even so that Infierno Local Community runs Posada and only people of the community works there.

The pictures are amazing. I live in the desert so the green looks so inviting. The Tambopata Paradise cocktail loogs good to try. We get starfuits available from time to time but they are expensive, about $4-5 each. What is the "dash of anise"? Powdered anise or an anise syrup?

Here you can buy 2 lb for 1$
Its cheaper for me get fresh juice that buy carton/can/pulp.
We have a sweet anise liquor here that we use, it would be similar to an Anisette.
You could use Pernod or Absinthe but put a little bit more syrup

Aloha LaraColada :)
Something came to mind the other day I thought you might be interested in. There is a Rhum tasting club at the Tonga Hut in North Hollywood, of which they get different rums, and have a speaker, talk about the different rum brand, and everyone tastes some of the rum by itself, and then Marie King, develops an interesting cocktail based from the unique qualities of that particular rum.

About a month ago they did a series on sustainable Rum Distilleries. One of the rums that day was Copalli. They are in Belize, and the rum is made from sugar cane on their land (of course), but, most importantly, all the water used in the production is Canopy Water !!! Their website is below.

https://copallirum.com/

It might be something you could find, or, make a contact with the rep, and could possibly get some samples sent....or....do a promo tasting.?? Thy have a lot of great info about their facility, and the sustainability of the project, and also how they are using the proceeds from the rum production to help keep the environment protected.

If you want, I can get the contact info for Forrest, who was the speaker for that Rum-Rhum Club session, who has a TON of information about Copalli, and might have some good contacts at Copalli.

Cheers!! :drink:

That would be amaizing. I also have a friend that belong to the Belize Bartender Association. I can talk to him so they can have a partnership there too.

LaraColada,
I will get Forrest's contact info and send you a PM with it, so that it's not on a public forum.

What is the brand of the Jamiacan Rum you use for the Tambopata Paradise? Appleton?
...and how about the brand for the Anise liquor?

Like MadDogMike says, every once in a while I get Star Fruit available at the local market also. I would love to get everything ready for when they are available, and then make one...while looking at the picture of your bar :)

The pics are great. You got a great shot of the rainbow boa, to see the refraction of color on it's skin !! Very cool.

I went down to the city for a workshop, and I or time to go to the weekend market

This is papaya just laying around

This is ayrampo, dried cactus seeds, we use for coloring cocktail without changing flavors.

This is the cactus fruit.

This is purple corn. We make an infusion with Pineapple and spices that is my favorite summer drink.

When I go back to my bar, I'll make an ayrampo drink.
I will be uploading more pictures later

Pages: 1 11 replies