Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Witco "World Map" Wall Art Fabric - Help Needed

Pages: 1 2 replies

Hi All!

I'm new here and I've searched the forum but can't seem to find the answer I seek. I have picked up a coveted "World Map" but it has seen better days. The biggest issue is at some point, someone took the continents off and painted the whole backing fabric white. It lost all it's beauty. A friend of mine tells me she could paint a new one, but I need to know what kind of fabric to start with. I assume it was the standard beige'ish textured fabric. But what is it?? Is there a source for it? Surely I can't be the first person to need new fabric?

As a giant long shot, has anybody done this before? Is there a resource where I could get the exact dimensions of the "map" portion? As in total height and width, along with the stripe spacing?

Thanks in advance!
Dan

Contact Ken Pleasant. He is kiegs on here and PleasantTiki on Facebook. He and his wife Heather (William Westenhaver’s granddaughter) are currently reviving Witco Inc. Ken makes a replica of the World Map, and he is great about giving tips on vintage Witco pieces. Good luck

On 2019-12-22 19:35, happy buddha wrote:
Contact Ken Pleasant. He is kiegs on here and PleasantTiki on Facebook. He and his wife Heather (William Westenhaver’s granddaughter) are currently reviving Witco Inc. Ken makes a replica of the World Map, and he is great about giving tips on vintage Witco pieces. Good luck

Thank you! I will contact them!

Pages: 1 2 replies