Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

tc's y2k?

Pages: 1 8 replies

H
Hamo posted on Sun, Dec 29, 2019 11:38 AM

Anybody else notice all the old sticky posts at the top of various forums that Hanford future-dated to 2020-01-01? What do you suppose will happen this Wednesday? TC will self-destruct? Internet bank accounts will vanish? The time-space continuum will split in half?

I thought I would self destruct at twenty but I’m still ticking!

T

I once said to a waitress that worked for me "I wonder what the world will be like in 2525"?
She said "I will let you know"

Either she was a vampire or she forgot that that was 500 years from that day I said it.
It was the later.

As it is we may not make it to 2025.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Can we say that?
It's not bad for some coded reason I have not heard about is it?

HAPPY NEW number at the top of the Calendar season!

H
Hamo posted on Mon, Dec 30, 2019 4:34 PM
H
Hamo posted on Thu, Jan 2, 2020 5:51 PM

Well, it does appear that those sticky posts are moving down the list, now that the "future date" of 2020-01-01 has come and gone:

Anybody else having an issue with "View New Posts Across All Forums" not showing new posts since yesterday, or is it just me?

Funny, I never use that "View New Posts Across All Forums" button, although I think I've always known it was there.
But I tried it and it doesn't look like it's showing anything for me today, either.

Glad the whole site didn't go kablooey!

M

Hey Hamo I noticed the 2020 year applied to a post in 2019 in the last couple weeks as well. I search in a similar way as you did. I hope the TC IT Director fixed it! :wink: :music:

On 2020-01-02 17:51, Hamo wrote:

Anybody else having an issue with "View New Posts Across All Forums" not showing new posts since yesterday, or is it just me?

This is how I normally check TC. My phone and computer bookmarks go to that page so I could see at a glance what’s new since my last visit without having to check each individual topic. It’s been out for several days now and driving me crazy. Anyone know if this will be fixed?

G

The TC IC Director is currently in the Corner-Booth and is not expected back at his desk this afternoon....

:)

Pages: 1 8 replies