Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Favorite Modern Tiki Mug

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hello all. I'm new, and wondering what everyone's favorite modern tiki mug is. Whether it be Tikifarm, Munktiki, etc. Just curious as to what new stuff is cool to collect.

My favorite is X-Eyes from Tiki Farm.

-g-

Welcome Liabungalow!

You've stumbled into The Land of We Love All The Good Ones! I'd say the lable of "cool to collect" would definitely have to be what ever you like. Me, I adore Tiki Farm, Munktiki, Bosko, Chikitiki - man, it's all good! Lots of artists are involved with the Tiki Farm mugs (e.g. Crazy Al, Shag, Squid), while the father/son team of Paul and Stuckey make the Munktiki ones. Bosko makes Bosko, and I can't say the number of artists who make all the others. So maybe for diversity's sake, you could try for a mug per artist? Or a mug per style (who knows how to define THAT category!)?

All I know is my collection keeps growing, and - warning: once you start, it's reeeeallly hard to stop!

K

What are some of the MOST sought after mugs?

C

Most sought after?

Shecky!!!!

K

I wasn't a member of TC when those were available and I'm not going to pay the eBay price for one. I'll watch for the next one for sure. I just got Tiki Quest so now I know what other kinds of mugs to hunt for...now if I can just get motivated to get up early and hit some garage sales....

M

My favorite "Modern" mug was one of my first mugs. It's "Super Tiki Deluxe" by Munk Tiki. He sits front and center of my collection.

T

MILOKO ULTRA!

It seems female to me, so maybe that's why I like it, And the white glaze is unusual.

I love all my Munktiki Mugs though.

AAK... the "zombie" mug by Munktiki! I LOVE MUNKTIKI SO MUCH IT MAKES ME INSANE... oh my

[ Edited by: atomiczombie on 2003-09-07 19:57 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies