Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Vancouver BC

Pages: 1 2 replies

S

Good afternoon all;

Heading on a last-minute "Tiki-trip" to Vancover BC tomorrow. We've got a room at the Waldorf and are planning to visit the Sneeki-Tiki and the Shameful Tiki room (beyond checking out the bar at the Waldorf). I'll try to get some pictures and work up a report next week...

But any advice from anyone on things I should look for beyond these three? And any good locations to add goodies for our home Tiki bar?

I visited Shameful a few years back and had a wonderful time. Great ambiance and decor, friendly staff, and well executed drinks (avoid the happy hour ones as I think they're made with subpar ingredients). We were only in town for a day and a half before taking an Alaskan cruise that ported out of there so can't really offer advise on many other locales or things to do as our time was pretty limited. If I recall there is a record store a few blocks away from S.T.R. (if that interests you). And I think there was a cool "bartenders" type shop with bar tools, books, and lots of syrups, bitters and such. Pretty much everything you need but the booze. No idea the name of it.

Hope you get more suggestions and have a great trip.

Oh, and an admin might wanna move this thread to the Tiki Travel category.

There is a forum on this site called "Tiki Travel". Hmmm, maybe this post should go there?

DC

Pages: 1 2 replies