Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Join Me Tonight At Hollywood's Magic Castle

Pages: 1 9 replies

Aloha, gang!
If you'd like to take in an evening of mystery and amazement, please join me at Hollywoods' historic and intriguing Magic Castle. There'll be magic, chills, thrills, and hopefully no spills (of your cocktails, whipped up at one of the Castle's three bars). Sorry for the late notice, I've just found out I have the night off, so that's where I'm headed. If you can swing on over, please e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send you the details(I'll be back at my computer between 3 and 4 this afternoon to answer you). Since this is a private club, I do need to hear from you so I can put your name on the list at the door. I can get eight people in. Check this marvel out at http://www.magiccastle.com
Alakazzam!

-Weird Uncle Tiki

[ Edited by: weirduncletiki on 2003-09-02 12:41 ]

M

I wish I lived a little closer to Holleevud. Any event described with adjectives like "Amazement" sounds very appealing.

Have fun

The place looks pretty cool. What are the costs for entrance, dinner, drinks, etc.?

Who's going?

L
laney posted on Tue, Sep 2, 2003 3:27 PM

I'm thinkin about it. Anyone who hasn't been before should GO! Monkeyman, it's well worth the drive. My parents have been members since the 60's and I've been many times. Even was picked as an assistant a few times in the close-up gallery and I still didn't know how they did the tricks.

Wierd Unc, are you a member? Are you guys going for dinner or just drinks and Magic? (Get the Beef Wellington!) As far as prices go. There is a 20.00 cover unless you are a guest of a member and the member is present. Drinks are shockingly cheap for LA. and I think they have dinner prices on the website.

I should know by 4 if I'll be there. It sure would be better than work even though I just love my job. Also a good excuse to dress up. I hope you get a group to go because it is an amazing and fun night out. It shouldn't be too crouded on a Tues too.

"Open Sesame!"

There will be no entrance charge as long as you're with me. If you're with someone else, I don't know what to tell you! Tonight, I will not be dining there, just drinks and shows. If you want to join in, you can certainly eat there or eat earlier. Drop me an e-mail and I'll send you all the details you need to know to enjoy a very provocative evening out.

-Weird Uncle Tiki

[ Edited by: weirduncletiki on 2003-09-02 16:37 ]

say hi to Irma for us... tell her she should put out a CD!

Okay, I'm out the door to pick up King K. If you want to come join us, be sure that you follow the strict dress code: Coat and tie for the gents, and dress or elegant evening wear for the ladies. We'll hang out at the bench in front until 6:45. Meet us there and then we'll go in and start the fun.

-Weird Unc

L
laney posted on Wed, Sep 3, 2003 3:21 PM

Well, you ruined my night at work. All I could think was "I could be at the Magic Castle right now!" Instead I was in the land of nipples. Next time, we could plan something for the Magic Castle with more of a notice. Maybe closer to Halloween? I'm in!!!

Hope you had fun. (how could you not?)

What's wrong with the land of nipples????

All I could think was "I could be at the Magic Castle right now!" Instead I was in the land of nipples.

Gee! And I was thinking just the reverse! But seriously folks... a night at the Castle is fine by me anytime. Let's get something together soon. I don't know if I'll be in town the week of Halloween, Laney, but that is a great time to visit and see how they've haunted it up. I've still never been to a seance there, maybe we can get a group together for that. We need exactly ten people and I believe it's $85 per person. With that you get a five course dinner served in the hidden Houdini room (surrounded by Houdini's personal and original props and memorabilia) served by your own private butler. After dinner, the medium comes in and all sorts of mysterious events unfold. Of course, full use of the castle is included, too. Just a thought for a future event.

-Weird Unc

Pages: 1 9 replies