Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

LA area roomie??

Pages: 1 1 replies

H

Hey there folks --

The job search in LA is, as expected, slower than molasses in January. The lab that is most interested in me won't have funding available to pay me until "late fall," which in biology-speak could be anywhere from November to February. In the meantime, I have to keep looking (very hard from the Seattle area), take a contract job (ditto), or risk staying through another Seattle winter (ARGH!).

I'm considering just moving down there, probably in early November. Do any of you swell hoiti toiti folks know of someone who may be interested in taking on a roommate around that time?

I don't really have much of an idea what my situation is at this point -- I'm going down there the week of Sept. 15th to figure that out. After talking to some PIs at different labs that week, I should have a much better idea what my prospects are for getting a contract job or permanent employment, and I'll probably make my decision re: the move after that week. However, since I'm going to be down there, it is an ideal time for potential roomies to meet & interview me in case I find I'm able to move down there in November.

I'm not picky about location, since I have no idea where I'll ultimately be working. I'm not picky about gender, I've roomed with men & women quite happily. I have a very fancy-schmancy widescreen high-def 42" tv and surround-sound system to contribute to the household. I'm housebroken. I'm not sure how much space I'll need, I'll either be bringing down a small truckload of stuff (enough to fit into one bedroom), or I'll put my things in storage up here to retrieve later (in which case I could fit on a small couch quite nicely). Depending on how comfortable the arrangements are and what my situation is looking like, I would probably want to be there anywhere from one month to a year. All of this would get worked out before I committed to moving in, though.

If any of you guys know of someone who would benefit from sharing their space for awhile, please, please, please feel free to email me.

Thanks bunches!

just emailed you about this...

Pages: 1 1 replies