Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Exotica Moderne 15 and Release at Tiki Caliente

Pages: 1 4 replies

We’re headed to Palm Springs for Tiki Caliente with a special launch of Exotica Moderne 15! We’ll have copies on hand, so stop by our booth and pick one up, plus we’ll be offering other House of Tabu mugs and other great items.

We are beyond thrilled that everyone’s favorite artist, Shag, has illustrated this issue’s cover art with an all new, tiki masterpiece. Inside we have a feature article on Shag’s own digs in Palm Springs!

And as if that wasn’t fantastic enough, we’re also proud to have a newly-penned article by none other than Sven Kirsten, giving us his take on the state of the Tiki scene today.

Kari Hendler gives us an overview of Palm Springs’ annual Modernism Week with a focus on the special show that took place at The Reef in the historic Caliente Tropics Resort Hotel.

Kevin Crossman takes an in-depth look at the Royal Hawaiian Mai Tai, through years of evolution or possibly, de-evolution?

Dave Bagdade visits what some consider the best Tiki bar in Las Vegas – Frankie’s Tiki Room and we make a stop at the Cannibal Lounge - the home bar of Rob and Trish Ripley.

Tiki Tom Duncan goes back in time for the Tommy Bartlett Water Show in Wisconsin Dells circa 1959, while Justin Cristaldi pops in on a pandemic-era “rum bunker”!

Tiki Lindy shows us her “modern” twist on recipes inspired from Hawaiian and Asian settled islands.

Plus we'll have our usual music reviews, cocktail recipes and more!

NOTE: Online orders will go live the weekend of May 14th. Order fulfillment will then take approximately another two weeks with customers receiving their orders after that. Exotica Moderne ships 1st Class US Postal Service and delivery times vary by location.300ED274-E691-4779-9A6B-8FED779F6EAD

T

Can't wait for my copy! Getting my issues of Exotica Moderne has become a real highlight for me. Keep up the great work and thank you!

Thanks! It's always good to hear feedback.

H
Hamo posted on Sat, May 7, 2022 10:10 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Ken. I'm looking forward forward to the next issue, too.

Probably the best issue yet, with a centerfold you don't want to miss.

Pages: 1 4 replies